Feeling a little...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Veteran
... sad, I guess. Would be one way to explain it.

AF came yesterday (Xander's 5th birthday of all days), and all it's done is remind me that hubby's vasectomy definitely took.

Just feeling a little out of sorts cause I know deep down that we cannot afford another baby, so the vasectomy was the logical way to go, but I still can't help feel as though the decision was just a little rushed.

Maybe I'm just bummed by the fact that Lily is the only girl... out of 4 kids. She doesn't seem bothered, 'cept when Caleb runs off with one of her toys.

Anybody else in a similar position of one gender outweighing the other and being done with kids?
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

January 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that if dh was ever determined to get the v despite my approval or not, it would be best done in secret because I think I would be extremely overcome with grief about it. So in away I understand why reminders would to the procedure would make you sad. (((Hugs)))
January 4th, 2011, 08:58 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
My DD (9) is my oldest and she is the only girl. She has always wanted a sister but it seems as though we have only been able to make boys since we moved to this house. She has 3 younger brothers and have lost 3 babies (2 of whom we know were boys). A few times a week, she says "why do I have to have brothers, why can't I have a sister?".

I feel bad for her but because of my losses we are done trying, so I am in the same boat as you.

I hate it when AF comes to remind me that I am not and will never get pregnant again.
January 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I have 1 girl and 5 boys. My dh had a V after #5(fourth boy) was born. Well we had it reversed and had ANOTHER boy. I want another girl like you would not believe. And my daughter wants a sister badly. We are ttc again and hopefully we will be blessed with a baby girl.

Im sorry you feel like your decision was rushed. That is exactly how I felt when my dh had his V. I agreed for reasons that I should have never let affect my decision.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

IT'S A GIRL!
January 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can totally understand. Take a look at my photo and you'll see there's only one princess in this family. I look at Serena's signature and it could easily be me in a few years Dh was supposed to get the V after Martin but we're holding off. I miscarried a boy between Nolan and Martin so technically my track record of boys is 4 to 1.

I always wanted a sister and don't have one. I've tried to focus on the perks for my own daughter. My mom and I are close. When she says I'm her favorite daughter I believe her No one to be jealous of, no competition, no fighting, no drama ??? LOL No sister who is prettier, thinner etc. than me I know it's petty but it helps
January 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs))
January 6th, 2011, 05:26 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I totally understand. I have 3 boys and 1 girl and had a tubal after my 4th baby. So we are done, but my daughter keeps asking when we are going to have another baby, because she wants a sister. My oldest also asks me when I was going to have another baby because Clara needs a sister. It makes me sad and I try to explain that there won't be any more babies, but they just say "Why?" and when I try to explain they say "But if God wants you to have another baby you could". *Sigh* Big hugs to you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

January 7th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Veteran
It's nice knowing I'm not the only one.

Still not sure how reassuring it is.

Lily however loves her brothers. I don't think she really knows what she's missing out on. She's thoroughly enjoying being a little Mummy. Actually even my two boys enjoy doting on Quinn.

The only one to ask about babies was our oldest... and at the time it was when I was pregnant Quinn. The question was... "why do we have to keep having babies?"

He's like that though.
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

January 7th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
3 girls and boy. my dh was sceduled to have the big v but it never happened. i so badly want to try for another boy. i just feel like nathan needs a brother to look out for him in life. even if there is a big age difference I have hopes that a brother will be there for him in ways that the girls cannot.

i try to remind myself that nathan doesn't care. he'd be just as happy as an only child. it's me that wants him to be social and do typical boy stuff. I least we have a great state system here and I know that Nathan can still get assitance even as an adult. There are a few young adults with our agency and I know that they have therapists who help them with social skills with dating etc, even going to a bar with them to show them how to act and what is appropriate vs what isn't. That gives me some peace of mind that Nathan will have someone looking out for him when he is older (cuz mommy won't be going to bars w/ him LOL!)

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search