Rude comments

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 11:58 PM
Veteran
Ever since Quinn was born, having darker hair than either his sister or brothers, I have gotten rude comments from my in-laws.

Hubby and I were separated for the whole of 2009. We found out late into the pregnancy at around 20 weeks.

Anyway, it seems that everybody on hubbys side refuses to acknowledge that just maybe one child (out of 4) could possibly inherit my dark hair and brown eyes.

It seriously bugs the crap out of me.
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

January 4th, 2011, 12:25 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe you should get a basic science book and have them read the section about genetics.
Sounds like they are trying to imply something else though. I only say that b/c you mentioned the split. If that's the case then that's between you and DH about what to say to them about it. I don't know if the split thing and pregnancy of Quinn was an issue with you & DH and if subsequent actions were taken. If so then maybe your dh needs to stand up & tell them that you 2 have dealt with that issue and resolved it, however that might've been, and they need to mind their own business (if he hasn't already). Obviously you and DH are together now, so regardless of the split and anything afterwards, you two are a team and have worked things out...
Maybe I'm reading way too much into this question and if so please just tell me to shut up and I will.

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

January 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Veteran
The question of paternity has been implied, in the sense that I do not think all of hubby's family believe that Quinn is hubby's. Hubby has never questioned it. We spent 2009 having a rocky relationship but were more or less together.

January 4th, 2011, 01:17 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If hubby doesn't question it, then that's ultimately all that matters.
They can either move on and accept it as well or think what they want but keep it to themselves...As long as they treat Quinn the same as the other 3..

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

January 4th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband is Bolivian and has dark hair, brown eyes, and dark complexion. I'm originally a blonde(I dye it dark brown though), blue eyes, and fair skin. Only 2 of our kids got his looks.

Don't let them get to you. Just remind them that you have dark hair.

January 4th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierasmom View Post
Just remind them that you have dark hair.
Yeah that's what I do...

January 4th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
That's rotten that they are implying that.

January 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Veteran
It is rotten. MIL actually went as far to say that Quinn's hair will have to be dyed.

January 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's brutal--dh needs to tell them to stop it
January 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
That is very inconsiderate of them. It is not unusual for a child to look like his mother.

My DS#1 looked like me from day 1 (big brown eyes, darker complexion) . The other 3 were/are the spitting image of their dad. DS just turned 8 and he is now starting to look like DH (except he still has my complexion and eyes).
January 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think you're lucky one turned out like you! All of mine are carbon copies of each other for the first 2 years and I'm the only one who can tell them apart in their baby photos.
January 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If they're going by hair color, than each of my kids have a different dad. Seriously, not one is the same. Ryen is brown, Emelia is bright blonde, Wyatt is a red head...which threw us all off....Lucy has a honey blonde and Oliver is like...this really ugly mousy blonde brown yuckiness....lol.

Your dh should stick up for you and say something to them. And to suggest a child needs to dye their hair? that is just beyond insane. I'd tell them to shove it, personally, but that probably isn't the best approach.

January 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I'd quit visiting...implying that he'll have to DYE HIS HAIR...heaven forbid he looks like his mom....grrr...ignore them and if I were you...stay home when dh goes to visit...they dont deserve a relationship with any of them if they are going to be stupid like that

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Veteran
MIL just doesn't think at times.

Personally I can see myself in the kids. Caleb not so much now, but definitely when he was born.

As for hubby, I honestly don't think he hears half of what is said/implied and if he does he chooses to ignore it. His mother can be a real ***** to him at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search