Will you/ have you

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let your kids color their hair? At what age?

Anyone ok with non-natural color, like pink, blue, etc?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

January 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yes...once they are...I would say a teenager....And it would depend....I was in 7th grade and got my first perm....then I was in 8th or 9th when I dyed it for the first time...

As for pink, blue, purple...I dont think I'd want them to do ALL of their hair but a strip or chunk or whatever SURE...and if it was all of their hair I'd have to think on it....if it was temp...sure...probably

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 4th, 2011, 05:29 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah why not? It's just hair..
My mom was pretty cool when it came to my hairstyles and I had some crazy ones.

I've let my kids have different temporary colors, not anything permanent yet. Bri has had blue strips in hers, and the boys have had green in theirs before. All the boys have had mohawks also. Like shaved completely on the sides and 4-5 inches tall mohawks, not Faux-hawks.

It doesn't bother me, it's just a form of expression. SO on the other hand is more of a conform to society's views type person when it comes to the kids' appearances, and doesn't like the "crazy" cuts and colors..

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

January 4th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
DS 8 has a mohawk. I actually would like him to grow it out now but he LOVES it. Ah well...

As for color when she is in high school I am certainly open to talk about it. I had some serious crazy hair in high school. At one point I had all different braids all different colors. Cool until I got sick of the braids and unbraided them into a mass of brown/green/grayish fugly Crazy kid.

I guess I would encourage strips instead of her whole head

January 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Veteran
Hmmm probably. My 15 year old wanted to put streaks of blue in his hair last year but the school had a policy against it. I'm actually considering putting purple streaks in my own hair, something I've always wanted to do but was too concerned about what others think. Now that I'm in my 30's....well after 6 kiddos it doesn't much matter what people think lol
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
January 5th, 2011, 07:14 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My girls are actually going to get a pink highlight for the bday this year.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
January 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will have no problems with them dying their hair if they choose. But probably not until they are 12 or 13. Crazy colors are okay with me but I hope they start off with more natural colors.
January 5th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm totally open to it. I remember bleaching my hair when I was 13 and my mom getting mad about it. Twenty years later I still don't understand what the big deal was I was a very good girl/teen so I know it's not a precursor to bad behavior.
January 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say I would want my kids to be in grade 7 or older to color their hair as far as age goes, but they all have beautifull light blonde hair, so anything they do to it color wise is not going to make it nicer, so no one is going to any time soon. As far as bright colors, hair is hair, it's not permanent, I would be fine with it.
January 5th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Veteran
I was 12-13 when I bleached my hair and about 14 when I started dying it shades of red or purple. So it doesn't bother me.
Caleb Orion b. 10th October 2008
Quinn Gilead b. 19th August 2010

January 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yup - i agree with all of these posts. its just hair and i think maybe high school is a good age to experiment --- as long as it is not permanent because most schools will not allow crazy hair colors/styles (used to work for school district).

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search