Snow Days!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who all got one today? Which part of the country are you located? (Just post what you are comfortable with.)

What do you usually do for a snow day?

Here in SW Missouri we woke up to dry dirt so the kiddos had to head off to school . We finally started to get some small flakes at around 9am and it's been pretty steady since. Kiddos are getting out early today...yay!...but I don't see any sledding happening. Instead I have a dvd stashed away that they've been wanting to see so there will still be a little excitement today afterall.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

January 10th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a snowday I'm in Alberta.

I normally LOVE snowdays, but today was going to be their first day back from Christmas break, so most kids and I were ready to go again, it's definetly not holding the same appeal it normally has.
January 10th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
im in alberta too
we had no busses running, but being the but i am i drove to school im thinking im going to regret that. I love snow days

January 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
I live in central Iowa. Our snow didn't start till this afternoon, so we didn't have a snow day in our district.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway; I homeschool so we take days off when *I* feel like it, not based on the weather. LOL
January 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in north Central Iowa and we had a snow day here.. it started as a 2 hr late start then turned to a snow day round 8:30. We already have a 2 hr late start for tomorrow.. But I'm thinking it will be cancelled.

We've had about 6-8 inches of very light fluffly snow.. and the wind is supposed to blow tomorrow..

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
January 10th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
if it snows anymore im making my own snow day tomorrow!! i got stuck in our alley going to pick up the kids from school!!

January 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took a snow day today, too. I am in Florida. It was cold and dreary. So I didn't do anything. I think one kid did some English, though. I took a nap.
January 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Jara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeap.. it's another snow day for today.

Wyatt(5) Lydia(2) Emerson(5) Kaeden(7)
January 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if we're lucky we might get two snow days a year here, but we're tough the only time they close the schools is when its below -35dec C, I think is the magic number, or is it even lower than that?

Lucky mother to five!

January 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They take windchill into account, if it feels colder than -40 (that's the same C and F) then it's too cold.

It seems to mostly depend on country roads drifted in and busses getting through it. I live on the highway, so I don't have that problem. Thank goodness for studded tires!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search