advanced earned income credit question

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do any of you do that? I was debating if we should or not. Dh brought home a paper saying his work now does if he wants to sign up for it. I am beginning to think it would be nice to have more money with paychecks instead of waiting till tax time. We already get a nice size refund but I know we can use the money now.

January 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My DH just started a new job and they do that. When we filled out his info, it came to 23 exemptions which just sounds like way too much but they explained it is for the earned income credit. For us, he will be making more at this job so I think we are going to just wait and get the money back at tax time, but if he were still at the same job, we would have done it because it's nice having the money when you need it and not have to wait for it.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran
I'm not sure on this, because I only know what the job tells us. We were doing that and it was handy, but DH's work said that we can't do it anymore, because of something Obama signed into law?
Hmmm..I wonder now. If you're able to get it now, and it was offered, makes no sense that his company said otherwise. I need to investigate.

January 18th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Veteran
We've thought about doing this in the past. But....if we would receive it chunk by chunk every week, then I know it would be used for bills, food, ect. I like having a big return at the end that we can play and have some fun with.

As for the new Obama law, I'm not too sure. I haven't heard that one yet. I also didn't know that it was up to the company if you received it or not. I thought it was a federal thing and regardless the company had to comply, but I could be wrong.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
January 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
from what I understand they are no longer doing the advanced earned income credit.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
January 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
foxfire_ga79
I've never even heard of it. I'll have to ask our CPA why it was never mentioned....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search