amazing!/qeustions

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
amazing how you feel GREAT When you can see your dresser! Or just get a room cleaned. I even got sleep last night and did NOT need a nap to get through the day!!WHOOHOO!!
Personal Question...not a debate. Did you wait,or are you waiting till your financially stable to get pregant? Do you just know it will be fine and work out? whats your thought on a large family and money?
do you care what people think?

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
January 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Veteran
For us.....our attitude has always been if we wait until we're financially stable to have children (whether it was #1 or #6) then we'd never have any children. And from my experience, everything has always turned out for us.

No, we have no savings, we live in a home that belongs to my Aunt and we pay no rent only utilities and I haven't had new clothes in about 10 years.....that being said though, my kids have never been hungry, they've always had everything they've ever needed and they have much more than I even had when I was a child (there was only me and my brother growing up).

And to answer your last question, I used to care what others thought, hubby never did. Now, I don't care what people think. Only because the nay sayers really don't know anything about our personal situation
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
January 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sort of like what Becky said...if you wait until everything is perfect you'll never have kids.

My husband has a good job so no one says anything about us financially- even family members. It's us that has to remind them that having 4 kids is expensive. They still expect us to be able to do all the same things we could with 2 kids, like buy 6 plane tickets and fly across the country for a family reunion.
January 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I sorta answered this in the other post.

I am going to go out there and say I do care what people think to some extent. I am a little particular about how my kids dress (dont' get me wrong, we dont' have the latest or everything brand name) but I do make sure we look nice. I don't want anyone to look at us and think we can't "afford" our kids, or that I as a mother am too overwhelmed by all those kids that I can't be bothered to check if their hair is combed.

And I'm in the minority here, but I think finances are a definet consideration.
January 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are probably another minority opinion, but we let the Lord provide. He has given us more than we could have ever dreamed. My hubby works and I stay at home. He is in construction so he is laid off part of the year. He works probably 8 months a year and we just save when he's working and enjoy when he's off We moved to a farm so we could raise our own animals for food and grow a huge garden. So that's how we do it, we provide for ourselves a lot and don't do debt. We know we were warned against debt in the Bible, so we take that seriously.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search