Grrrrrrr

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Got my car window smashed in last night at the elementary school!! They smashed my window and took my purse. Dumb to have my purse in the car - but I did put it under the seat. My hands were just too full to carry it too so I stuck it under the seat. No one could have seen that from the window. Luckily we don't carry credit cards, there was NO cash, not even any coins. It was really pretty empty. They got my drivers license and my ATM card (which is now canceled - before they got to use it).

I bet they are sorry they got my purse.

My car was parked right out front of the school (by some big windows full of people) and under a street light. Pretty bold.

Now we have to replace the window.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 22nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That really sucks! Your purse sounds like mine LOL. I guess the good thing is that it could have been worse.
January 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That sucks I am sorry!
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

January 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
That really sucks! Your purse sounds like mine LOL. I guess the good thing is that it could have been worse.

I was worried that dh would flip out for me leaving the purse in the car in the first place. All he said was "we have so many blessings in our lives, we can't worry about this one thing. It was only a window and an inconvenience"

I did have a $50 gift card to a local restaurant that we got for Christmas in there. Oh well. I hope they enjoy my dinner.

January 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's rather brazen of them! I can't believe no one saw anything.
January 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh that's not fun
January 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what a pain!
January 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that happened to you! As for the GC, If you happen still to have a gift receipt for the card, sometimes you can call and the restaurant may be able to help you.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari626 View Post
I was worried that dh would flip out for me leaving the purse in the car in the first place. All he said was "we have so many blessings in our lives, we can't worry about this one thing. It was only a window and an inconvenience"

I did have a $50 gift card to a local restaurant that we got for Christmas in there. Oh well. I hope they enjoy my dinner.
Mine would have shook his head and laughed at me. It wouldn't be the first time my purse or wallet have went missing.
January 23rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That stinks! You must drive a mercedes for someone to take that big of a risk!!

I have been hearing some pretty scary stories about check fraud lately. This one couple cancelled everything after the wifes purse was stolen and set up all new accts and no transactions had come through on their old accts. Then 3 wks later someone called the bank pretending to be the wife and told the bank that they had set up new accts after being robbed and now they couldn't remember the new numbers. The bank gave them the new info! The couple lost about 2000 before they got it straightened out. It's so sad that there are people like that in the world.
January 24th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
That stinks! You must drive a mercedes for someone to take that big of a risk!!

I have been hearing some pretty scary stories about check fraud lately. This one couple cancelled everything after the wifes purse was stolen and set up all new accts and no transactions had come through on their old accts. Then 3 wks later someone called the bank pretending to be the wife and told the bank that they had set up new accts after being robbed and now they couldn't remember the new numbers. The bank gave them the new info! The couple lost about 2000 before they got it straightened out. It's so sad that there are people like that in the world.

A Mercedes????? That's a good one. Not a mercedes at all. Just a Suburban. I am worried about Identity theft. But, there's nothing I can do about it...I am hoping it was just some kids looking for cash.

January 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Oh no! Im sorry!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15