Hi :) and a question

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm Lisa, wife to Andy, and I'm a SAHM to our daughters Taylor and Rylie and our son Seth. We've always been open to having a large family but thought we were finished. My DH brought up to me last night that he thinks he wants one more child which honestly floored me since I'm usually the one begging for another baby This may seem like a REALLY dumb, unimportant question to a lot of you but we have 3 bedrooms and 3 kids. My 2 girls share and Seth will get his own room fairly soon once we feel he's ready to go in there. My concern is how would baby #4 ever learn to STTN without waking a sibling up or having the sibling wake him or her up since he/she wouldn't have his/her own room? How do your sleeping arrangements work in your house? I appreciate your replies

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

January 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We cosleep for awhile, until the baby is sleeping longer stretches then I start putting the baby in the pac n play to start off the night and then bring baby to bed when he/she wakes to nurse. At our last house we had a huge bedroom so we were able to have a pac n play and a crib in our room. Now we have a much smaller room so we'll put the pac n play outside our bedroom in the dining room when we're ready to start trying it. Her crib is in the bedroom next to ours. I don't put them in the crib with siblings until they are sleeping better. We don't cry it out so we've never had much trouble with this working out ok and I usually put the baby in with my oldest or older girls so if the baby does cry in the night and wake them before I get there, then its not an issue for them to go back to sleep.
January 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

We cosleep as well. Mine are always weaned and sleeping through the night well before I've moved them to one of the bedrooms. However, it seems like there are times when a cranky (or hyper) child disrupts sleep for the other. For those that are 4 and older, I have a talk with and give them a 30 minute early bedtime the next night (unless it's illness or something like that preventing sleep, then we go to the couch). My youngest is 2 and I bring her back to bed with me for now. For the most part, she's a really good sleeper and doesn't have a lot of problems.
January 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Babies crying don't seem to bother my kids when they are sleeping.

January 23rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have 4 kids and a three bedroom house. Right now we have our 3 girls in one room and the baby in the other (a boy). I haven't had to put a baby in with the olders yet. I moved my youngest DD in her sister's room when she was about 2. We haven't had a problem yet. If one of the girls wakes during the night she usually doesn't wake her sisters. We are hoping to move to a 4 bed soon, but for now my girls enjoy sharing.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

January 23rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For us, #3 and #4 just kind of jumped right into the rhythm of our family without much adjustment at all: compared to going from 0 - 1 or 1 - 2. We had 4 kids and 2 bedrooms for awhile. The baby slept in a small crib in our room until 10 months or so, and then moved in with the others.
January 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I coslept too. Once the baby was sleeping through the night I put a crib in our room and began having her sleep there. We then moved the crib into the kids room. The older kids usually are asleep by the time our 3yr old goes down. She doesn't cry, she just gets out of bed and makes her way to our room and we have to move her back to her bed. Most of the kids are good at keeping each other in bed. They love sleeping together.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Super Mommy
We keep the babies with us until about 6 months. We currently have 4 bedrooms and #2 and #4 share a room...1 is a girl and 3 is a night owl so it just works well. This baby will be in our walk in closet for a while. Hopefully before its ready for a toom of it's own we will be back up in our home in WA which has 6 bedrooms. If not, I imagine 5 will go with 1 or 2 (depending on if its a boy or girl) and we will move 3 and 4 together. IMO you just have to find a combination that works! Inshould add that 4 slept in our walk in closet from about 6m till we moved at 17m. Our house in WA has a main floor master, 3 BR up and 2 down. I didn't want any kids on the walkout basement yet so we really only had 3 to work with. We tried putting 2 and 3 together and it was a disaster so we moved 4 back to our closet.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
January 24th, 2011, 05:30 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for all your input, I really appreciate it

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

January 24th, 2011, 07:14 AM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
We put our boys in their cribs their first nights home from the hospital. When we brought Sam home, he would cry and I'd go get him and feed him and put him back in his crib.

Anyway, after the first couple nights Ryan would just sleep right through the crying. It never was a problem. If Sam got super worked up during the night, then I'd bring him in bed with me, but usually they did fine.

Up until recently we had all three of our kids sharing a room, and the boys would seldom wake up when Gracie got loud in the night. She has sleeping issues. LOL.

[/CENTER]
January 24th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Welcome!

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

January 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 4 bedrooms. Right now the girls share, the boys share and the baby will room with us until I am ready for her to move across the hall to the nursery.
There is always the risk of the new baby waking up the siblings whether they are in the same room as them or not but that's another reason I would never let any of them CIO-to prevent them from waking the others as much as possible.
My personal preference is to cosleep/coroom with the new baby until they sleep through the night and then move them into a siblings room or their own room depending on bedroom situations.
January 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say welcome here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search