Shoe?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you pass your kids' shoes down to each other? I've saved all of N's for the twins, but maybe since I have so many seasons, nothing ever seems to fit when I need it to. And everything I'm pulling out of Nolan's stash seems beat up-even once I wash them. Should I bother hanging onto this vast stash for both genders for the new baby, or just donate or throw them out? What do you ladies do?
I was trying to go through the bin tonight to find sandals for the twins, but I'm not having much luck at all. And they're such clumsy walkers that I need a pretty perfect fit for them, esp for sandals. Nolan has at least 35pair of shoes that he won't fit anymore, oh the days when I take one kid and time and money

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
January 27th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sandals! Isn't it like -35 there? Or maybe this is for Mexico.

I save some shoes, but it can be a hassle. We wear sneakers. No dress shoes or anything, so they do get torn up and tossed out.
January 27th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I save shoes.

January 27th, 2011, 06:50 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ones that still look nice I save for the next dc. The ones that are torn up I throw away.
January 27th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
A few select pairs I will save but for the most part I just toss them.
January 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
If the still are in good shape they get passed down between girls. Same will go for the boys once Korbin is born

January 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We save them. But being on a farm, we were tennis shoes all the time. The kids have sandels that the grandparents think they need, that they just wear to church or the beach. Those we definately save because they don't get much wear...tennis shoes pretty much get worn out, unless they are the smaller kids sizes. So yes! We save them, and I pick up ones at garage sales that are in good shape, because they will more than likely fit someone around here. But our kids only have 2-3 pairs of shoes at time, yes they are deprived

January 27th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to save them when the kids were little, especially their dress shoes. My oldest walks on them funny, so there's always a funny kink on the one heel, so I toss hers. And now that they're older and wear their shoes longer they're just not comfortable for the next one, plus they're pretty much worn out.

I try not to have to many shoes, but it doesn't work out. I think each kid has 6 or 7 different kinds of footwear throughout the year. (winter boots, church shoes, runners, crocs, flipflops, rubber boots, cowboy boots).
January 27th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I save them if they are in good condition.
January 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I save the little ones but the bigger kids shoes get worn out. That or they mold to their feet and won't fit the next one right. We buy cheap shoes though, maybe that's why they wear out.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Only rain and snow boots. I have them in almost every size and keep them because they aren't used very often so they stay in good shape.
January 31st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Veteran
I save them if they are still good otherwise throw them out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search