Where were you...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 06:58 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Simple game - just answer where you were and what was going on in your life....

20 years ago

10 years ago

5 years ago

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 27th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
20 years ago

I was 12 and in middle school

10 years ago

I was 22 and was three months pregnant with Bastian and working full time in daycare. Rich and I still weren't married yet.

5 years ago

I would be getting ready to go to Disney. We took our first family trip there 2/5/06.

January 27th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
20 years ago: Cute, skinny college girl who didn't want any kids, but to travel the world.
10 years ago: Old ugly fat mother of 2, who didn't like turning 30 at all. But I had a brand new Honda Odyssey. I loved that Honda!
5 years ago: Just moved out here to the farm. I loved moving out here. We had 5 kids, a new (used) truck, chickens, and the Honda. I miss the Honda.
January 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
This is stretching my memory..

20 years ago I was 19, newly married and son to be mom of my first son.

10 years ago we were getting established in our new home in a new state and thinking of having baby #5

5 years ago I was pregnant with #7 but beyond that have no clue.
January 27th, 2011, 09:08 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
20 years ago I was 5 ad going to kindergarten hehe
10 years ago I was 15 and in high school
5 years ago I had just moved to Washington state with my husband and daughter who was 6 months had found out that I was expecting my second daughter too

January 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
20 years ago--I was 17.5, just got my first job and halfway through grade 12

10 years ago-I was 27, dh and I had lived here 6 months, and in three months he will propose and we'll buy a house this fall

5 years ago-I was 32, newly pg with Nolan, terrified I'd have another m/c, too scared to play in my ddc

Lucky mother to five!

January 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
20 years ago I was a young college student at the age of 20 I remember whining that I was halfway to 40!!!

10 years ago I was the mother of a six year old and a six month old. We had just moved into our current house and I was caring for my dying mother. She had just gotten the pancreatic cancer diagnosis and would only live until March 1st.

5 years ago I was a SAHM with a middle schooler and a kindergartener. I was home all day with two little boys.

Funny how different things can be in just a few small years.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

January 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
20 years ago I was 14 and in grade 9. I was about to start dating a loser boyfriend that just crushed my heart a few months later (he was so not worth the tears).

10 years ago I was 24, and had just had my third baby in as many years.

5 years ago I was 29 and had just given birth to the most demanding child ever that took up every minute of every day.
January 27th, 2011, 09:18 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
20 years ago I was still in High School, loving the fact that I got out of school to go to the football games and didn't really do anything (Pep CLub) but still got out of class.

10 years ago I was mom to 1, barely pregnant with #2, just moved into our first real "house". High hopes for the future.

5 years ago I just turned "old". Had 5 kids, living in a dump. Thought life couldn't get any worse (boy was I wrong).

What a difference just a few years make.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
20 years ago I was 8 and in the 3rd grade. I loved my 3rd grade teacher.

10yrs ago I was 18 and had just come home after a semester at a college out of state. I met my DH around this time 10 yrs ago.

5yrs ago I had a 2yr old and was pregnant with number two. We were living in Missouri and I didn't know anyone.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

January 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by Allisonjuly; April 8th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
January 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
20 years ago I was 12 and in the sixth grade. I had just met my bff Tammy that year. That year I had a fun adventure in which I attempted to jump onto the spinning merry-go-round, overshot my goal, and ended up being dragged upside-down to the slushy mud under the merry-go-round. Good times.

10 years ago I was 22. I had been married less than a year and my husband and I were both in college.

5 years ago I was 27 and had two kids, ages 3 and 1. In March we would move out of the little apartment we had lived in for almost five years and into a duplex with like three times more space. Awesome.

[/CENTER]
January 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
20 years ago: I was 7 years old. 2nd grade in my small North Dakota town. I loved school and was in ballet, tap and jazz classes, gymnastics, and had just started piano lessons. I was busy little girl!

10 years ago: I was a senior in high school. I was a band geek. I also was in all sorts of school activities, my favorites being speech and drama. I was such a goody-goody but I did like to stay out really late with my friends, usually just hanging out. I was not a partier!

5 years ago : I was happily married and expecting our 3rd child. I had a few good friends but spent most of my time just home with my babies. Pretty much the same person I am now just more kids and in a new location.
January 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
20 years ago I was 12 and in middle school. I was that awkward 12 year old that was the last to have her 1st AF and wanted to so bad! Funny now that I'd be fine never having AF again!

10 years ago...I was working on my 2nd bachelors degree, was 22, dating my now DH and living with a horrid roommate. I was working as a H.S. registrar while I finished up nursing school.

5 years ago...I was 27 still breastfeeding my 2nd child, we hadn't bought our first house yet and I was now an experienced L&D nurse. At that point, I thought that there was only a slight possibility we'd have anymore children!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

January 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Veteran
20 years ago I was 13 and moving from my childhood home.
10 years ago I was 23 and a Momma to only 2 kiddos
5 years ago I was 28 and I was a Momma to 3 and expecting #4....Wow I've been really busy in the last 5 years hahaha!!
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
January 29th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
20 years ago... I was just about to turn 8

10 years ago... I was just about to turn 18, was nearly finished with high school, and had everything in order to move out the day I turned 18 (which did)

5 years ago... I was either hanging over the toilet or hanging over a bucket puking! That's all I did.. I was pregnant with Noah and didn't go more than 10 minutes at a time without throwing up for the whole pregnancy.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

January 31st, 2011, 10:58 PM
Veteran
20 years ago - I was 11 and had just started year 7 at school.

10 years ago - 21 and busy planning my wedding for Sept to my wonderful hubby. I had just finished my Bachelor degree and was working full time for the Dissability commission. We were just about to buy our first home.

5 years ago - The removalist were packing up my house and we were moving to Perth, Western Aust. My oldest had just turned 1 and I was days from discovering that I was pregnant with my second child.
February 1st, 2011, 04:03 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
20 years ago - I was 11 and the rebel girl that played drums while the rest of the girls in band played the flute or clarinet.

10 years ago - I was a newly married mom of 1 that had high hopes and dreams for the future.

5 years ago - I was a single mom of 2 that was still working on re-finding herself.

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search