What advice would you give

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 05:24 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
your twenty year old self right now if you could???

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

February 1st, 2011, 07:11 AM
Veteran
Not to purchase the house that we did the following year. It was the stupidest decision we had ever made and it cost us plenty, both financially and emotionally.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
February 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, though. You bought a house at 21? Impressive.
February 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Veteran
Yes FW.....The Hub's grandma had passed away and had left him enough that we could put a down payment on a home. Unfortunately, we ended up one of those families that the banks gave a loan to that shouldn't have. We fought for 4 years to keep that house, only to lose it in the end. When it was all said and done, we should have known better. A very good lesson learned though.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
February 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
We had severe credit card/student loan/car loan debt when we got married at 25. If I could tell 20 year old me anything, it would be to save and not run up debt. But that being said, we got out of all the debt by the time we were 30, so I am glad we learned that lesson young.
February 1st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would tell myself that contrary to what I thought I CAN gain weight and genetically my stomach is not destined to be flat for the rest of my life

Last edited by Allisonjuly; February 1st, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
February 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Oh yeah, that too.
February 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say wear a bikini
February 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Skip the credit cards

February 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Stay away from the Credit Cards and Stay away from greasy, fattening McDonalds!!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

February 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't wait to get married and start a family because you will have infertility issues for 3 years.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
Go with your gut. He's the one.

[/CENTER]
February 3rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Run away from him...very fast! You and the baby will be better off without him.

February 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Veteran
Just relax and take your time with things. Everything will happen in the right season. There's no need to rush everything.
February 7th, 2011, 03:14 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't do it!!
I got married at 20, and although I love my son that came from that marriage very much and don't regret him and I love my ILs, me and ex-dh really should not have gotten married at that time. We still had a lot of growing up to do.

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

February 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my second baby at 20 and went through a really tough time after her birth. I would tell myself that "You will get through this. You are stronger than you think you are. Everything will work out."
February 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd sit myself down and say: "Marie, your dad is going to die next year and you need to slow down and appreciate his time. Yes, university sucks and is very hard, but it will be done in three years. No, he is the wrong one. Mr Right will turn up when you're 29. Don't panic if you don't get pg right away, you will have your family, I promise you this The first wedding seems like the fun one, but your 2nd will be 100x better! Your mom will die when Nolan is 3 months old, treasure each moment and learn all you can from her-you will never have another mother. Now go study, and have some fun!"

Lucky mother to five!

February 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
dont wait ten yrs to get a divorce,and stop drinking. Your dads dieing in30 days, tell him you love him 5million times, think before you act, loose weight now, love yourself, pay atten to your kids more, save money, never use a credit card, get your GED.

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
February 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes, I forgot to add to never apply for your first credit card, they are evil

Lucky mother to five!

February 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably not much different than the others have said but here goes.

I had my first baby at 19, my marriage was tumultuous in the 11 years we were married.

If I would have done too much different, it would change the entire course of my life. That said, I would have told myself not to take my pregnancies and young children for granted, to cherish each and every pregnancy and child in their early years because while the early years can be hectic, the teen years come to fast and you want that little baby again. I always wanted to rush everything. And little did I know that one day, getting pregnant would prove to be months, even years of trying.

Also, I would say not to be bitter at what others marriages are, that someday Mr.Right will be in your life (my current hubby) and will treat you like gold. Also, that Mr.Right has male factor fertility issues and while willing to give you as many babies as you want, it won't be easy and will take time but you will have more children and get to experience a pregnancy or two (hopefully more) where BOTH parents are happy to have the baby.

Also, to avoid the 'club' scene and not envy your classmates (and even join them, HUGE mistake) who got to live the 'party life' in their early twenties because what you have is far more rewarding than what they do.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search