bed time

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What time does your last child go to bed?

I have to say that I sometimes miss the days when all were in bed at 7:30. My oldest goes to bed between 9-9:30.

And who brings the kids to bed, you or dh or both?

For us it's usually both, but they won't go to sleep if I haven't been in for hugs.
February 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I send the little ones to their rooms at 7 but they don't go to sleep until about 9, so long as they are quite I am fine with that. Some night they are really good, other times they are terror's. The older ones go to bed when they want, most though are in bed asleep by midnight, as I said before so long as they aren't driving me crazy I don't care.
February 10th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran
My oldest goes to bed at 10:00pm or 10:30pm, the next 2 go to bed at 9pm and the younger ones by 8pm. The baby has been sleeping 10pm to 9am since she was about 3 or 4 weeks old. None of my kiddos, except the baby nap. Those are the days I miss, afternoon quiet time.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
February 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
last night the three littles were in their beds by 5:15, and Nolan stayed up "late" and was in his bed by 7pm

I usually take them up, but if dh is home I get him to do it as he's rarely here for bedtimes

Lucky mother to five!

February 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Baby is always in bed out cold within minutes at 9pm and wakes at 9am with one 3 hour nap during the day.

Older two are supposed to be in bed at 9 but it seems it always gets pushed to 10pm.

Nolan is our problem child with bedtimes. He has been since his first day on this earth. He's always the last one up and sometimes I will find him still awake at midnight when I go to bed. So far this hasn't been a fiasco but next year it will be when he goes to school. Even if I get him up early he's still a night owl
February 10th, 2011, 12:11 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take the littles up at 8 ( 7-7:30 if it's been one of those days) youngest is usually out quickly next 2 will stay up as late as 9:30 or sometimes even later. I try to have my 9yo in bed by 830-9 and my 13yo 9-930. I also try to do a lights out at 10 but it depends on what's going on etc.
February 10th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Veteran
my 3 are all in bed by 7:30. Sometimes 7 for the youngest 2 and 7:30 for Will . If Emily has a day sleep than she is often stil awake until about 9, but as long as she's in bed I don't stress.
February 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
8:00 is bedtime. On weekends and in the summer I'm less strict about it. Getting them to go to bed isn't the struggle, getting them up in the morning is.

My husband and I work as a team to get them ready for bed and take turns helping with whatever. One night I will supervise the teeth brushing and he will put the pjs on the little one. The next night we might switch. stuff like that. We read the bedtime story as a family.
February 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the earliest I've ever had all four down was at 4:30pm about three months ago-it had been one of those days with bad naps and four crabby, fighting, angry kids, and a mom with a short fuse. They all went down quickly, slept until 8am, and woke up recharged. I felt incredibly guilty, but I think we all needed it.

Lucky mother to five!

February 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
7:30 is bedtime around here, although the boys can usually stay up for awhile, they just have to stay in their room.

An early bedtime is a crucial part of our family life. My husband works super early mornings-- he has to get up at 3:30-- six days a week. So we have to go to bed early, like lights out by ten. Our winding-down alone time is pretty important to us. Plus my older boy is such a morning person that he has himself and his brother up by 6:30 most mornings. So an early bedtime works for us.

I forgot to add-- I usually (but not always) put Gracie to bed, and Art usually (but not always) tucks the boys in.

[/CENTER]
February 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids (except the baby who eats at 9:30-10) are all in bed by 7pm at the latest! There are some days when Mama has had it and they are in bed by 6pm. There was even one day where Aly came up to me with her blanket and teddy bear and told me she wanted to go night night at 5:30. But it doesn't matter when they go to bed... they are always up by 6am at the lastest... I tried the later to bed hopefully later to rise thing and nope.. still up by 6 so they go to bed early! I do the bedtime routine, read the stories, and take them to bed every night Brian works. When Brian is home, I do the bedtime routine, he reads the stories, and we both take them to bed and tuck them in.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

February 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Our lo goes to bed at 7. My 2 girls go to bed at 8

February 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
My 1yr old, 5yr old and 7yr old are in bed at 7pm. 10yr old is in bed by 8pm and the 12 and 13yr old are in bed at 9.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search