Dishes, I know you wanna share!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who's gonna do the dishes tonight after dinner? Who will prep dinner? How old do my kids have to be before I can make them cook and clean up?
February 11th, 2011, 02:08 PM
erjo's Avatar Veteran
Today, my husband will probably make dinner b/c I'm fighting a sinus infection that is kicking my poor pregnant patootie.

We usually have the boys (age 8 and 6) clear the table and load the dishwasher. That's pretty much all the kitchen helping they do other than setting the table.

I would love for them to be able to unload the dishwasher as well, but most everything goes up high and our kitchen is so small there's really no good place for a stool. I should probably be teaching them to handwash pots and pans, too.

[/CENTER]
February 11th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll prep and cook, then made dh clean up once he gets home and eaten, that's usually how we do it depending on how late he gets home.
I pulled out chicken breasts and cabbage rolls for tonight, not sure what I'm doing with the chicken though
Kids do nothing except help empty the dishwasher, without breaking it or anything in it
February 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's on me.
all dc (except the youngest) are responsible for clearing their places after a meal. I take care of the dishwasher. (they wouldn't load it right ) dd 13 will sometimes make dessert, cookies, cake, brownies etc. I assist. She will also make lunch sometimes and she almost always gets her own breakfast. I need to start doing that with my 9yo ds too.
February 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Veteran
We had a treat tonight, KFC for dinner.

On a typical night, I cook and The Hubs cleans up with the kids help. My 9 & 8 year olds have helped me cook and they like to make lunch. I always supervise, but I let them do the work. They also unload the dishwasher and my oldest loads it and will wash the pots and pans if my hubby hasn't done it yet.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
February 11th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do 99.9999999999% of the cooking but dh and I split the clean up chores or he cleans up from dinner and I bathe the kids.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

February 12th, 2011, 05:42 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ummmm...me.

I cook and clean up. My kids have to clear the table but other than that - it's me.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

February 12th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I cook.. I clean up. The kids do have to put their plates and cups in the sink. On nights like tonight when Brian has to work (he works from 6pm until 6:30am 4 nights a week), we don't really have supper.... we have lupper LOL Brian has to leave the house for work at 4:45ish.. he sleeps all day and gets up about 3pm and I make sure lunch/supper (lupper) is done by 3:15ish so we can all sit down and eat together as a family. Then later on in the evening the kids and I will sit down and eat a light meal together.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

February 13th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Veteran
At night I generally cook and clean. Sometimes dh cleans while I bath the kids but normally he's doing other work outside.

The kids mostly help me unload the dishwasher in the mornings
February 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I cook and clean up, and the kids help, monday to thursday they each have a day, and the older 2 take turns sweeping the floor.
February 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Super Mommy
My 16 & 18 year olds started doing the dishes (loading & unloading the dishwasher) when they were 7 & 9.

I rarely do dishes because it's one of their main chores.

I do 100% of the cooking.....well, sometimes Dh will make something, but it's rare.

Mom to Ashley, Jacob, Joe, Jace and missing Jaren, born still on 6/11/09

excited to welcome our girls born 4/30/2010 !!!

February 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I cook dinner hubby cleans up and the girls do small chores like wipe off the table and pick up anything on the floor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search