How many things outside caring for your family and home do you do when pregnant?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Veteran
Ok, so the morning sickness has kicked in big time and I'm finding it a little hard to cope. I'd already decided to stop a lot of the activities I was doing last year as I didn't have enough time to look after my family and home. Now I'm struggling again with the few things I still do.

So I'm wondering how you ladies with more kids cope with the morning sickness and caring for your family and how many activities you help organise outside the home.

Sorry if this has been covered many times before.
February 16th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I do nothing outside the home when I am pregnant. I make a few appearances to birthday parties and such, I'll go to the occasion important school activities. But beyond that I am lucky if my family is taken care of. I am ill from the 3 month mark clear up to delivery, very ill, so anything beyond that is just to difficult for me.
February 16th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do make choices, but I have found if I get out and stay busy I feel better. Take a few minutes and decide what you want to do. Do what you want and don't let anyone pressure you to do or not do anything.
February 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also just got hit with the morning sickness thing.....who says it ends in the morning

By nature, we are very limiting and like to be at home, so we don't have many activities outside. We have church twice a week, and homeschool coop once a week, plus any doctor appointments and we have one in speech therapy once a week (plus drive takes 2 hours). So thats enough for us, pregnant or not. But I find myself really run down if I try and do to much, so I just do what I feel up to doing.

Good luck and I understand, its tough!

February 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we're not big schedulers yet, pregnant or not. I'm sure once the kids are all schoolaged, it'll be different, but I shouldn't be pg then

If cutting back is what's best for your family right now, I think its important to do that
February 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our schedules right now aren't too crazy but as the spring sets in they will definately increase. In the fall I felt like things were crazy and I wasn't preganant, so once spring sets in I'll probably be asking dh to help pick up some of the slack.

In our homes dynamic, dh works 5-6 days a week, we are also renovating a house that we purchased and are trying to move into by spring, so he has that responsability too since he is doing all of the work on the house.
I pretty much pick up everything else, home..cooking, kids, doctors appointments (which have been plentiful this winter season with 3 asthma kids) & the running around.
We go to Church on Sunday and my dd dances on Tuesdays after school.
Three of my boys are in soccer in the spring/fall, so I will hopefully have dh ready to pick up some of that running, especially in the fall since Iw ill be close to delivery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search