Proposals

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2011, 08:12 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did your dh propose to you????

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

February 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mine is pretty boring, I was 17 and living with him (mom kicked me out..long story) he looked at me one day when we were watching tv and asked if I wanted to get married. A year or so later we were.
February 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine isn't exciting either. Dh and I were already expecting our 1st together and had just moved into a new place. I was arranging things in one of the bedrooms when he walked in, said "catch" and tossed me the box with my ring. We eloped 3 weeks later.
February 27th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were going up to Michigan to see the Tulip Festival with my family. We were camping (FYI.. not a good thing to do in Michigan on April 30th/May 1st) and the first morning while we were there, when I went to shower he showed my mom the ring and asked for her blessing. So then my family got involved (as they have a tendency to do with everything) in helping him find the "perfect" place to propose. We were walking around a dutch village and my aunt got my camera away from me right when we got there and by half way through I was getting pretty ticked off that she wouldn't give it back. There was this horse and buggy thing set up, and Brian and I climbed up on it for a picture. My mom was reading the sign next to it and said kinda loud.. "Oh look.. this is a WEDDING WAGON." I was so nervous about being up in the wagon (afraid of heights) that it didn't even click to me. My aunt kept snapping our picture and I figured we weren't getting down because Brian wasn't smiling so I yelled at him to "smile so I can get down!!!" And when I turned and looked at him, he had the ring out and asked me to be his wife. I have no idea what else he said because I was in such shock and it came so quick (we'd only been dating for 6 months). I of course said yes. There were people standing all around us watching it all and I didn't even realize it until he put the ring on my finger and everybody started clapping. News spread because for the rest of the time we were there tons of people I didn't know kept congratulating us and asking to see the ring. Thanks to my aunt who stole my camera, we have pictures of the whole thing. What's really wonderful about it though is Brian proposed on May 1st and exactly 2 years later on May 1st, our first child was born!!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

February 28th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He never asked me. We picked out a ring together with him planning to give it to me when he found the right time.

I went a bit psycho waiting for the "right time" which resulted in me swiping the ring from his hiding spot and then I just started to wear it. Not one of my proudest moments. He was pretty PO'd at me for a long time but he just went along with the wedding plans and never complained.

Still hoping he will officially ask me to marry him someday, even though we've actually been married for 8.5 yrs.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
Still hoping he will officially ask me to marry him someday, even though we've actually been married for 8.5 yrs.
I keep dropping hints to dh that I think it would be neat if he asked me to marry him in a more traditional way and we could have a real wedding. I don't think it he has officially caught on yet though.
March 4th, 2011, 05:52 PM
foxfire_ga79
Mine is so memorable, it's hilarious.
DH and I were heading from Atlanta to Peoria Illinois to pick up a puppy and we were going to leave New Years Day morning. He was working on New Years Eve, a 24 hour shift, he's a firefighter. I went to the station to see him but all visitors have to be out of the building at 10PM so we went out to my truck to keep on talking. I wanted to get going around 11:30 because I wanted to try and get home before all the parties let out. So right before I was going to go he told me to hang on a sec that he had something for me in his truck. (Yea we're red necks, we both drove Ford pickup trucks. lol) He came back over, opened the box and asked the question. I said OMG and I can't believe this for like 10 minutes before he reminded me that I hadn't answered and I said "well YES." So there we were in the fire department parking lot at 11:40 PM on New Year's Eve, me sitting in the cab of my truck. AWESOME!!!!
The next morning as we were heading out he took me to a lookout at the top of a mountain to admire the view. He told me he had wanted to propose to me there but he just couldn't wait one more night. I heart my DH!
March 5th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
I keep dropping hints to dh that I think it would be neat if he asked me to marry him in a more traditional way and we could have a real wedding. I don't think it he has officially caught on yet though.
Can I tell your DH what to do and you tell mine?

Unless someone point blank tells my DH, he just won't ever get it.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

March 7th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
He never asked me. Pretty much from the time we met we talked about being married and having babies. I was 15 when we met. We finally married when I was 20.

I told him I wanted a proposal for our 20th anniversary! lol

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search