YIKES - Gas prices

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2011, 08:15 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you noticed the gas prices are not to slowly creeping up??? I got gas on Tuesday and it was 3.13/gallon. By Thursday is was $3.25 and yesterday I noticed that is $3.36!!! If this keeps up I am going to have to figure out how to squeeze my family in a small car. My suburban is not helping my wallet as gas prices rise rapidly!!!!

How much is gas in your area?
Will you change how much you drive to save gas?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

February 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
As of yesterday we were 3.25, who knows what it is today.

We have 4 vehicles, the hubby's truck, my son's little truck, my dd's car and my van. All vehicles are technically ours but the kids drive the other two. I rarely drive the van we just don't go everywhere together any more, the hubby drives 40+ miles round trip for work and while his truck is pretty decent on gas we are starting to feel it. If I am going somewhere I take my sons little truck, it's usually just me and 2 little ones and if I am not going anywhere he takes it to school, I might have to have them start riding the bus again. Buying all of this gas was workable before but I see it getting to the point it won't be.

I am currently looking for a small used car, but they want so much for one with a ton of miles on it. I'll keep looking but until then my trips into town (30+ miles round trip) are going to be pushed to one trip and if we are out...we are out of something until the next trip.
February 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Orion_'s Avatar Mommy Dearest
I live in Eastern NC and gas is up to $3.29. We have 2 SUVs...the largest being a Dodge Durango and I hesitate to drive it too much because it costs so much to fill it up. The one positive to my husband deploying this summer is that I'll be using only one vehicle while he's gone, so that will cut down on how much we spend on gas.
February 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As of last night, gas was still 3.14 in SW MO. I think dh and I are going to go top off the van and car here pretty quick though. Sounds like we're do for an increase.
February 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm worried too. We live thirty minutes outside of town so we do a LOT of driving. I just didn't budget enough for gas if it keeps going up. Once school lets out and t-ball finishes in May I won't have to try too much, but until then I am just trying to stick it out. DH has to drive to work everyday as well, so that is one hour in the car right there.
February 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
$3.49, what a steal

February 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
this is why I drive a van and not an SUV.
Gas prices have gone up a lot here too (we're per liter so it's different) but I don't really change my driving habits, I try to be pretty fuel conscious as a habit.
February 27th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ours only jumped up 5cents a litre this week, not too bad at all
February 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are up to about $3.80 on average. : { paid almost $50 for HALF a tank yesterday!!! it is costing me almost half a tank to get to my dads house and back. ugh!!

~~terre~~
March 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I got gas yesterday and paid 3.75 but that was on base. Normal stations are 3.80-4.00. Its just insane! I definitely will only go places when I have too

March 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
$3.45
I put $40 in my tank the other day and got just over a quarter of a tank.
I'm trying to talk dh into finding a cheap minivan. Since I'm only having one instead of twins, when it's just the dc and me we can still fit into a minivan.
March 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really thankful to be in MO right now. We jumped but we're sitting at 3.29 as of today.
March 5th, 2011, 06:14 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was complaining last week - but this week is up to 3.50 at the cheapest place I could find!!! Some places are $3.60!!! The madness has to stop!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

March 5th, 2011, 06:32 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
$3.45 here

March 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
3.33 now, we are looking for a car. I rarely have everyone and my van is a guzzler.
March 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Orion_'s Avatar Mommy Dearest
Since the last time I posted, the price of gas went up 20 cents. I just paid $3.50 for the cheap stuff. Boy, did that hurt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search