Sch ?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is a wealth of experience on this forum so hopefully someone can help me.

This last Monday evening I ran on the treadmill. About 15 minutes after I finished I felt pressure, a POP and a gush. Blood...lots of it. The next morning an u/s showed 2 sacs (again...4th time for twins for me), one normal with a yolk sac, one abnormally shaped and grainy inside (later found out it was filled with blood from SCH next to it). I've been on the couch downing water since Tuesday and the bleed has not come back - not even a hint of spotting, thank goodness! I have an u/s this Wednesday to see what is going on.

Has anyone else had a subchorionic hemmorhage? Did it grow or decrease?

I'm really struggling right now because I keep thinking, "What if I had not run?" Maybe the SCH would have stayed contained, maybe it wouldn't have burst into the second sac, maybe, maybe, maybe...

The worst thing (well, no, the worst will be if I lose the first baby) is that when I found out I was pg I found a Joovy Big Caboose in brand new condition for $100 on Craigslist! I have wanted one of these for years but never could afford the price tag. It is so lovely - bright lime green and black. I thought it was a sign, an omen, that if I conceived twins this time I'd actually get to keep both. Drat.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.

Last edited by ♥womanintheshoe♥; March 11th, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
March 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear that happened. How absolutely scary.
I do not have any experience with SCH but just wanted to send you good thoughts. Please don't beat yourself up with the what if's. It's not your fault. As women we do that to ourselves way to often.
I'm so glad that the bleeding has not come back. Good luck at your ultrasound on wednesday. Please keep us posted about how it goes.
March 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend had this happen last year. I can assure you, she was not running. In fact, the pop happened while she was getting her hair done. She had a healthy 9 pound girl in Feb. Praying for you to be well! Keep us posted.
March 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No experience with SCH. Just wanted to wish you luck at your U/S on Wednesday. Hope both babies are ok.
March 12th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, no experience here either.

Good Luck, Wednesday! KUP
March 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Veteran
I had a pretty good sized SCH with baby #6 and another this time that's pretty small. With Baby #6 they didn't give me any restrictions at all. They told me it would most likely dissolve on it's on and they monitored me every 4 weeks through ultrasound. It did dissolve and it caused me no problems at all.

This time is a little different. The SCH that I have is quite small, but....I also have a cyst on my ovary that's a little more than 10 cm's. So, the docs have told me no heavy lifting and put me on pelvic rest. Their fear isn't so much that the SCH will cause issues, but that the cyst will.

I know it's tough, but please don't blame yourself. There is nothing you could have done or could not have done to prevent the SCH from bursting. I can remember when we lost the twins, that previous week I spent cleaning and scrubbing in preparation for my brother and his new girlfriend (now wife) to come home and visit with us. The next week, I went into premature labor and lost both of them. I blamed myself for a long time, insisting that I should have known better. Truth is, it wasn't the cleaning, or the scrubbing or the fact that I walked to and from the bus stop with my small children, up and down a hill every day. It was placental abruption and there was nothing I did that caused that.

Hugs Momma!
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
March 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I've had 2 in different pregnancies. With one, I found out when I felt a gush and the other I didn't know about until later. With both I had spotting after. With the first one, it never resolved, or rather, it turned into a partial placental abruption, then clotted. I ended up retaining the placenta because of it. That was an extreme case though. With my second, it was gone by 20 weeks.
Lots of people have them and never find out, they just have spotting but it resolves. With my second SCH, the perinatologist I was seeing told me there was no known cause and that bedrest may or may not help, so I just took it easy. Don't think that exercising caused this. If it was going to happen, it would have happened anyway and exercising has probably given you more benefits than you know. Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search