What type of summer activities

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
will your kids be participating in this year?

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My boys do soccer in the spring (Apr/May/June) and fall (sept/oct) so the summers are free.

My daughter dances (ends in June after recital and picks up in September) so her summers are also free.

We don't have any 'organized' activities going on in the summer but we do alot of family things.
We'll probably go camping, we do the beach, nature trails, pool, parks, sprinkler parks, lots of BBQ's & hanging out at home with the water slide up, dh will take the kids out on the lake and we'll spend alot of time by the water, fishing, bike riding on the trails.
LOVE SUMMER!
March 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is our theater season. We have a children's production (April-June) that they can all be in and then we are doing "Sound of Music" (July-Sep) that hopefully 1-3 of them will be in.

#1 is going to our sleepaway camp for training for a week, then serve 2 or 3 weeks. #2-5 will be going to sleepaway camp for 1 week. #2 is going to art camp for a week.

That's about it. We also like to swim and go to beach/springs/pools. It has gotten harder because I have 3 who can't actually swim yet. So getting 2 of the other 5 to help is paramount, but really, only 3 of them are capable, and only 1 of them is really willing. So it might be a dry summer.
March 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Our summer is free. Blissfully free.

March 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Em and Luke are doing soccer.

Cole, Em and possibly Luke are doing youth baseball. Luke may not make the cut due to his age but dh is going to try anyway. This will be are only chance to have 3 on the same team, which would be awesome.

Lyss is hoping to get a spot at a 1 week long diabetes camp. Praying she gets in. Lord knows she needs it right now.

Em has been asking to be placed back in dance. I hate to spend the money but she enjoys it so once baby is here I will probably sign her up.

Izzy is going to be watching alot of different activitives!

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

March 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
N will do soccer, and N and E will do swimming--in Sept I want to get both of them into tap

Lucky mother to five!

March 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
3 of our kids are in gymkhana may to september, and that's as far as it goes for anything organized, unless they new outdoor pool in town actually gets done and then I may do a stint of swimming lessons. 1,2 and3 go to summer camp, and we go camping a fair bit.
March 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We dont' do organized sports so just lots of stuff as a family.

March 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our summer is also all free play. I do the rec dept sports during the school year so that they don't get so darn bored during the winter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search