When you were pregnant with your youngest

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
were there still times you questioned if you were in labor or not?

I feel a little embarassed because last night I was really starting to think I might be going into labor. I was having early labor type contractions every 15 mins for about 2 1/2 hrs. I finally decided to give dh a heads up after about 2 hrs and what do you know...they fizzle out right after that!

I feel like I should know better by now.
March 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember that once I thought I might be, but I wasn't completely convinced.

You just never know, I think with lots of pregnancies you're maybe extra aware because it may just go quick, but that's for normal people, I've been induced with my last 3.
March 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar Plus 1 :)
Yep that's happened to me a few times. Nothing to be embarrassed about Every pregnancy and labor is different!
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

March 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My water broke and I wasn't sure if it was that or I pee'd myself and that was with #7. With #5 I kept going in also and they were false alarms. What was funny is that my older ones were annoyed with me cause they felt I should have known better by now.
March 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
only my 2nd pg, but I hope its soon for you!!! Don't feel silly

Lucky mother to five!

March 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There was one time where I thought maybe, but then thought there was no way because I was only 37 wks. So I waited and waited and finally my sister took me in and I really was.

With my last I ended up going in at 32 or 34 wks, I can't remember now, but I was having contractions and decided it was best to go in. They did finally have to give me stuff to stop the contractions.

I know I've had plenty of times where I've thought, this might be it...but I don't ever get excited. I wait until the contractions are close together, about 3-4 apart or really painful, before I go in.

March 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well unfortunately I was induced with my last baby.
However, having said that. I do that thing that you're not suppsed to do and watch the clock when I think I am having contractions.
Mine never seem to get any closer than 10 minutes apart and I have literally woken up in the early hours and clocked watched, had doubts because they're NOT getting any closer and then finally go in the early AM and sure enough, I am having lots of contractions close together I can just only feel the really strong ones.
March 29th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was induced the first 2 times so my last pg was my first time having labor start on it's own. I had no idea what to expect so I just kept checking my cervix. I was right on the money with it being 3 cm when the nurses checked me. But maybe I'm a little weird for doing that?

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

March 29th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
I was induced the first 2 times so my last pg was my first time having labor start on it's own. I had no idea what to expect so I just kept checking my cervix. I was right on the money with it being 3 cm when the nurses checked me. But maybe I'm a little weird for doing that?
I've thought about doing that but since I've never done it before I have no idea what I would be feeling for.

My biggest concern is that I will piddle around too long and Dh won't have time to make it back (he's 3 to 4 hrs away depending on which location he works). With #4 we arrived at the hospital at 1am and he was born at 3:25am.
But on the flip side, I don't want to wave the green flag everytime I feel a little pain either. Dh can't afford a bunch of false alarms, lol!
March 29th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Veteran
Yep! With Baby #6 I swore I was in labor on Halloween. The contrax were so bad they were waking me up every 10-15 minutes. Got the Hubs out of bed and went to the hospital. What do you know?? They stopped! lol

Two weeks later......I go for my 40 week appt. I was 5cm's and in labor. I had no clue. My doc was a nervous wreck because the Hubs and I brought our 2 daughters with us and we had to drive them back home (about a 25 minute drive one way.) My Ob kept insisting I hurry because I've had 5 deliveries before I could go very, very fast. By the time we got back to the hosptial (2 hours later) I was a little more than a 7cm and still didn't believe I was in labor!

I believe this time, I'll be completely clueless again and deliver at home!!
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
March 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
That happened with my son a lot lol...would drive me crazy

March 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The only true labor I had was with dd and I didn't know I was in labor. I kept thinking it was braxton hicks and by the time I figured I was and got to the hospital I almost delivered her in the waiting room You never really know!!!
April 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
with #3 I always thought I was in labor LMAO. I never had painful BH with the other kids and I was always having painful cramping with Lily 35 weeks on.
I remember crying after one appt when my dr said I wasn't dialated at all.

#4 was a scheduled c-section so I didn't even think about labor lol. My other kids were all 6 - 13 days overdue as well and I got to have my c/s 9 days early.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
April 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel silly, i just had my 6 and i still had to question it. With my first i knew something was different but just not sure what till they were comeing ever 3mins..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search