Update on life

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I know, I'm barely around much these days, but things are so busy that finding time is just not always possible.

Life is still nutty for the most part, but there are lots of good things of course. Work is still crazy, but that's because I now have 101 employees that are my responsibility with 11 new hires coming on board for April 11th; my days are flipping crazy.

I was recently taken on as a salaried employee with an offer that added up to more than I was making hourly even when I was working most holidays. My medical/dental/life insurance stays the same, but the cost drops to half of what I have been paying for it. I also now get 2 weeks paid vacation, and if I meet my required deliverables etc then I can also qualify for a bonus each business quarter of up to 2.5% of my yearly salary.

My father's prostate cancer went into remission but his health continues to fail. He had a bad fall at the beginning of Feb so he is still recovering from that as well; I told him that I need to get him one of those sumo wrestler fat suits to wear so he'll be safe if he falls over

The kids are all doing well in school and growing like weeds of course. Shayne turned 12 last month and Austin will be turning 13 in less than a week; Brent & Gabby will be 17 & 16 respectively in June! I can't believe how fast they are growing up.

Their father is still barely bothering with them. He saw them June 13th 2010, then nothing until the end of December 2010 where he took them for a couple days - it was the first time he kept the kids for an overnight visit since May 2007 (I kid you not). He brought them back home on the 1st of Jan 2011 and he hasn't contacted them since.
He did not do anything for the kids for their birthdays or Christmas in 2010 - not even a card; he's already missed Shayne's 12th birthday in Feb.
He is still avoiding child support and is now past $10,000 in arrears. He keeps managing to get his Default Hearing case adjourned by claiming that he is going to file a motion to change child support from what his monthly payments have been since the final order back in Feb 2009, but he's had 2 adjournments already - Nov to Feb 2nd, and Feb 2nd to April 6th; as of this moment, I haven't been served with anything for the motion (requirement) so I have no clue what is up. He was supposed to have paid a temporary amount of $450 for Feb, March & April from his court appearance on Feb 2nd, but of course he didn't.

Anywho, I'm anxious for the weather to warm up & begin some serious spring cleaning! I have so many plans for things I want to get done, but winter will not go away!

Hope everyone is doing welll!

March 29th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Thanks for stopping by Great news about the job!

Sorry about your dad, hope the warm weather helps his health out.

Being past 10,000 in arrears is mind blowing!!

March 30th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good to see you around! Glad things are going good Hope your Dad heals and sorry about the bio dad.

March 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy for sure. All that stuff about their dad is crazy and the amount he owes is just as crazy!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

March 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good to hear from you! It's great to know that all your hard work is paying off. To bad the bio dad never learned that from you. Jerk!

Hope your dad has a quick recovery. Sounds like he's been through it all lately.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search