How was going from 4 to 5 kids??

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
I didn't think DH would agree to it, but he says he is seriously considering us trying for #5. So I'm wondering how it was to go from 4 to 5? My oldest son was 21 months when I went from 1 to 3 with the birth of my twins. That wasn't too hard for me. But now, we have a 7 year old and three 5 year olds. I feel like we have a pretty good routine down. I'd just like to here from people who have BTDT. Thanks!
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
March 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My 5th was not a very easy baby for her first 4 months, but after that I don't think 4 is hardly any different than 5.
March 31st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Veteran
My 5th wasn't an easy baby either and it was a rough first year with her. She had some health issues that contributed though. Going from 2 to 3 was the worst for me though and I think that was only because it was the first time I ever had babies 18 months apart.
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
March 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I lucked out. My 5th was a pretty easy baby and the transition went really well.
One thing I've learned thru my experience. It is easier to have 5 kids than it was to be pregnant and have 4 kids (especially in the 3rd trimester). I'm hoping the same goes with this one.
March 31st, 2011, 04:33 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 5th wasn't a good sleeper until she was about 14mo. Other than that it was pretty much the same as 4, just one more head to count.
March 31st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have three two year olds this week, and #5 is due this August-the oldest will turn 5 in October. I'm not anticipating much upheaval in our lives, really. Our schedule won't change much, and baby will adapt I'm sure--I think this will be our easiest transition yet
April 1st, 2011, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably one of my easiest.
When you're used to having 4 little ones anyhow, number 5 just kind of slots in.
When I first had my number 5, my oldest was about to be 6, so I had 5 under age 6. I think that year the hardest was summer, but we survived.

The hardest transition for me honestly was from 1 to 2. After that, everything just kind of fell into place.
April 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly don't remember, so it couldn't have been to bad

Good luck!

April 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
well I only have 4 kids but my kids were 6 and 5 when we had #3 and after having kids 14 months apart having the larger age gap was WONDERFUL!!!
The bigger kids were old enough to be helpful but young enough to enjoy playing with a sibling. My girls are 10 and 4 now and will play barbies together or whatever, they get along great.

Good luck!!!!

Actually my DH has been making comments about another one but I've had my tubes tied so definitely no TTC here. But I think he's kind of hoping we'll be that 1 couple in 1000 whose tubal fails. Me not so much haha.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
April 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Not much different than going from 3-4. Having older kids really helps out. Having my first 5 close in age made it hard just because they were all so young. My oldest is now 11 and I see her really being a big help.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think 2-3 was the 'worst'. #5 has quite the attitude NOW, but she was a very sweet baby It might have been different for me though because she was the first one that I got to stay home with permanently. I became a sahm RIGHT before she was born. She was also the 1st one that I breastfed.

April 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our 5th was a dream baby and is still easy going even at 2. It was a very easy transition
April 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Our #5 was and still is very easy going. The pg was great and once we came home, he fit right in with the rest of the kids. My hardest was going from 1 to 3 kids. My oldest was barely 2yo and I was pg with twins, on bedrest then had to be in the hospital until delivery. I barely remember their first year so, it was pretty hard. But #5 was a breeze! Good luck, I hope the best for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search