sleep

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 09:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else have bad sleepers?

I dont know why but my kids just dont seem to need much sleep. My oldest FINALLY started sleeping through the night in September(he turned 6 in December) but still takes up to 2 hours to fall asleep at night.

My daughter(turned 4 a few weeks ago) just started sleeping through the night about 2 months ago.

My 22 month old is up more times then I can count during the night.

The older two stopped taking naps by 2 years old too.
April 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine are all good sleepers, the twins were the last to sttn and that happened at 11 months actual, once we were told they didn't need 1am bottles anymore. They're all down in 15 mins and asleep for 11-15hrs based on age
April 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My little guy is my best sleeper. The baby still wakes once or twice a night for a bottle. The girls sleep through the night most of the time but we have an occasional random wake up, wet the bed or coughing fit when they are sick.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
oh yeah!!!

Calyssa didn't sleep through the night until 16 months
Jaden always had a hard time fallling asleep, he'd cio for hours sometimes when he was younger....he's still up late now at 9
Lily sleeps from about 11 to 8 and occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night to crawl in with me.
Cole is usually up a couple times at night.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
April 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
None of mine really sttn night until about 4, I can handle being up every few hours so long as they go right back to sleep. My youngest though thinks 1-3 is happy hour and means she should be up and playing. I co-sleep so I just keep laying her down which I think is finally working cause she only does it every once in a while.

Hang in there, in 19 years I can count the number of times I have sttn.
April 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are all pretty good sleepers. We start out cosleeping and then once they start sleeping longer stretches I start them out in the crib and bring them to our bed when they wake to breastfeed. Once they quit waking to bfeed then they are all night in the crib. A couple never went to the crib but slept with us until they were old enough to sleep with a sibling. Even when they were babies they would sleep good and would go right back to sleep once I started nursing them. If they were already in the bed they didn't fully wake to eat, they'd start wiggling around and I'd latch them on and we were both back to sleep. Only one that gave me a hard time were my 3 that had reflux and that was mostly getting us to be able to go to bed. Several of them share a room, so it sometimes takes a little bit for them to fall asleep but not too bad and occassionally someone will have a bad dream and come to bed with us or will get into bed with a sibling.
April 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran
My best sleeper is Baby Emma.....she goes to sleep anywhere from 9-10pm and sleeps until 10am or 10:30am every morning.

The rest are pretty good. My oldest 3 always slept good. #4 slept great until he hit about 3 years old. Now it doesn't matter what time he goes to sleep, he's always up by 7am and he's up 2 or 3 times a night with nightmares. #5 used to be horrible. She has trachemalacia (her airway never matured) and reflux, so she used to be awake constantly. But now she goes down at 7:30pm and gets up around 7:30am. I'm praying the next baby is as good of a sleeper as Baby Emmie
Baby Emma born 11/11/10 and Baby Bean Due 10/02/11
April 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone here sleeps just fine, or they are pretty much quiet in their rooms. We got really lucky with Sebastian he always slept really well, so did Becca I guess, there was a time when she was about 2 that we had to do cio with her though. They were both finger/thumb suckers so maybe that helps to self soothe.

The girls have a tough time GOING to sleep at night. I put the older ones to bed at about 7:30 on school nights. Becca is already up there but not sleeping usually, and they screw around til about 9-9:30. They are not allowed to leave the room though. I wake them at 7:40 (until sydney starts going to school early again) for school in the AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search