Terrified of multiples

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
... is what is keeping my mind going back and forth from having our next baby.

I am not by any means saying that my husband is bad dad, but he is not the 'get up in the middle of the night' type guy, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it by myself, especially if one of the other kids gets up on top of that. My mom isn't grandma of the year, and I've never even met Rob's parents, so that wouldn't be any help...

I always think that it wouldn't have been so bad to have twins(or more) as my 1st or 2nd pregnancies, but now it would be so tough.

SO tell me, do I have a silly irrational fear? ... How tough is it REALLY to have two or more infants?

April 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
I always think that it wouldn't have been so bad to have twins(or more) as my 1st or 2nd pregnancies, but now it would be so tough.
I think this same thing. I honestly don't know what it would be like I always just assume I will only have one at a time.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My twins were my 1st so I'm not a good person to ask.

My twin pregnancy kinda sucked. Bedrest, scatica, carpal tunnel (not things I experienced with singleton pregnancies) The babies were early (as most twins are) but luckily only minor issues and ashort NICU stay. They both had reflux and colic. They were nothing like my two singletons. The twins seemed to feed, wake and sleep like newborns for a MUCH longer time than my singletons did. They both had a witching hour from about 5pm until 9pm where they cried nonstop no matter what.

I'm sure this sounds nuts, but I tend to think with you having a couple kids that are of age where they can help out, it wouldn't be so bad during the day. I also think that now that you having a good bit of "mom" experience, you would have an easier time adjusting to having 2 babies. Lots of people tandem breastfeed or bottle feed twins and that makes night time pretty much as quick as w/ just a singleton (you just may be on a newborn schedule longer if they are early or small)

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 4th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think having twins now would be great. I have plenty of hands and I think your DH would step up at night, especially if you said "I need your help, NOW" and he ever wants to have sex again. Also, if you are good about feeding routines, they can be sleeping through the night by 8 weeks and doing 12 hours at 12 weeks.

Is there a reason you think you would have twins? I keep waiting, but so far the only twin in the family is my husband.
April 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you had twins I think you'd survive it, due to lack of other options. I think it'd be tough that first year, but not forever.

I never feared multiples, I always feared a health or developmental condition that would take up so much energy I'd have little left to give to the others.
April 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im pregnant right now,only 7 weeks and already showing so everyone seems to think i am pregnant with twins.i have 3 other kids 6,4,22months so the older two could help during the day with some things but my hubby is the same way. he does not wake up during the night because "he works"
April 4th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, no reason that I think I would have twins, other than just to give me something to keep me busier

April 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband always hoped we would have twins because babies are always fought over in this house Twins run in our family but we always ended up with just one at a time

April 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the twins were prem, Nolan was almost 3, and we have no family support up here, and dh works 60+ hours a week--and I somehow survived-but remember that I didn't have to be pg, either. The first 12 weeks were brutal, but they were brutal with my singleton, and then they started sleeping longer at night and it was 1000x better. They're 2 and super-easy now
Was it fun? NO
Would I do it again if I had the chance? In a heartbeat. It was hard, but sometimes life is hard, and then you survive and thrive.

Lucky mother to five!

April 11th, 2011, 11:04 PM
DoubleTrouble07N09's Avatar Twin Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via MSN to DoubleTrouble07N09 Send a message via Yahoo to DoubleTrouble07N09
I have two sets of twins 18 months apart and honestly it was easier than the singleton babies. I already knew what to expect and I just was a stricler for schedules.
11/07 x's2
05/09 x's2

April 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it would be awesome to have had a set of multiples.
I don't see them in my future however now, since I think this will more than likely be our last baby, unless we foster down the road.

You never know what God has planned

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search