Would you take this offer or not?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom has offered to keep the kids for several days after the new baby is born. She's being kinda pushy about it but my mom is pushy so...

Our plan was mom would keep the kids when I went into labor. I would come home as soon as I could talk them into releasing me and baby. Then the kids would be the first to meet and hold their sister. (We aren't/weren't going to tell anyone but my parents about the delivery until we were ready for visitors..I've gotten a little weird about other people holding my babies right after they're born.)

Yesterday, my mom was trying to convince me to stay put in the hospital and then to come home and have a few days to ourselves before bringing the kids home. After we visit them at their house of course.

Not too different from the original but I'm a little freaked about my kids staying a way from home for more than a day. (The little ones anyway.)

What would you do?
April 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would let her keep them, there's nothing wrong with it, tell her you want dinner delivered every night too

I'm kinda jealous of that plan actually, my mom USED to do that. She kept them all for several nights until Sebastian's birth, then I had to BEG her to even watch the kids while I was in labor, and she ended up staying here just 1 night with only the two littlest and I shipped the others to neighbors houses.

April 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont' know your mom but if it were my mom she would offer to do this because she'd want me to get a few days of rest in and enjoy just being with the baby before you have to get back into your busy life.

I'd take your mom up on her offer.
April 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did this with #4. It worked fine. They would never do it now, though. How about this: you have baby, grands and sibs visit at the hospital, you go home when you want to and grandma still keeps them. My problem would be that when the littles see you at grandmas house, they will want to come home with you. If you are still at the hospital, they come visit, and then go back to grandmas. Less drama.

Congrats in advance! Looking forward to hearing your good news!
April 6th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I know they won't bring them to the hospital. For one, their car isn't big enough and for two, I don't think they are comfortable traveling w/ that many kids. It's a good 30 mins to the hospital. It's ok though, I don't blame them.

I think I'll still try to leave the hospital asap but I'll just take it day by day on how long I leave the kids w/ mom. I know she is just trying to help but she may not have more than 24 hrs in her when it comes to all 5 at one time, lol!
April 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would take her up on her offer. Its awesome that your mom is offering. Mine never would.

April 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom also would never offer. I would take her up on it and enjoy the new baby! BTW, does she want to adopt me, hehe!

April 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd jump on it and get it in writing so she can't change her mind!! LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search