Do you think you are....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 01:46 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
STRICT? Would your kids say you are strict or not strict?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
While we are not overly strict (in our eyes) to the rest of the world we are very strict. We expect them to behave and except nothing less.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

April 7th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if I'm fairly strict, I think so more than my kids would right now
April 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd say most consider me strict. Mostly because I am always around to be involved in their behavior.
April 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm stricter than most, but I don't find that we're unreasonably so. I am strict when it comes to language and how the kids speak to me, (or adults in general) no one raises their voice to me, uses bad tone or calls me any names. Although I am letting my 13 year old get away with "whatever" every so often.

I'd say I was more no nonsense than strict.

I am about to get a whole lot stricter, for some reason the kids have chosen this week to all test where the boundaries lie, so it's time to lay down the law in a big way.
April 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am strict when it comes to respect. I am flexible about a lot of things but I don't tolerate talking back or being disrespectful to anyone.
April 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I do consider myself to be strict (I also think I'm fun and silly too - so do they!) but I'm not unfair or unjust...or at least I try not to be. I expect them to be respectful, and kind and I don't take lightly to anything less than that. One of my good friends once told me that "we aren't raising kids, we're raising future adults" and that's how I look at parenting. I just hope I'm doing a good job! :-)

April 8th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My older kids will tell you that in some area's I am strict but over all I am pretty laid back. I have a few rules that are set, things that are not negotiable, but everything else is up for discussion however once the decision has been made it is final....although the teen's do still try to continue it if they still feel it's unjust. My children have a say and a voice and they have been able to convince me on occasion to change my mind which I think has helped us keep communication open at all times and them unafraid to come talk to me, even if they know it is something I am not going to be happy with. Lying is probably my biggest no-no above and beyond anything else, they always tell me truth when point blank asked the right question, they don't volunteer it though otherwise. They usually know that at that point I have something that has led me there and they no a lie will get them into a lot more trouble then the truth will.
April 8th, 2011, 08:41 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am strict and dh is not. I expect good behavior when out in public especially.

April 11th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Born2BeAmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari626 View Post
STRICT? Would your kids say you are strict or not strict?
Ummm... depends on my mood. lol jk I would say in between. I would say stricter than most moms and less strict than others.

By the way... Hi! It's been awhile since I've been able to be on here. I missed it. I found out I was pregnant again the day before my husband left for basic military training. It's been really hard on the girls and I and I've been uber sick. Plus I have my second book coming out in May. Anywho... it's good to see you again. Your kids look adorable as always. *hugs*

Kristy: mom to 5 beautiful daughters with daughter #6 on the way and the author of the Ice Moon Series www.icemoonseries.com
www.kristyquinn.net

I Blog http://happyhomemakingwithkristy.blogspot.com/
http://raisinggodlydaughters-kristy.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search