What does everyone drink?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering how you keep up with the mass amount of liquids your family consumes. Do you have lots of bottled water in the garage? A stock pile of 2 liters of Pepsi? Do you run to the store for milk every few days...etc?

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 27th, 2012, 05:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We go through almost a gallon of white and chocolate milk per day. I can really only fit about 3 gallons in our fridge, so I keep 2 white and 1 chocolate, then a supply of Hersheys syrup.

We also have a few jugs of juice on hand, one in the fridge and a few back ups.

The little kids aren't really allowed to drink pop so we may have a 2 liter or two in the fridge for the oldest two, then they keep some back ups downstairs.

Dh and I have a small refridge upstairs and I keep my Propels and Skinny Waters up there (with his sweets LOL, he has a bunch of donuts and tortes).

However it always seems that we need to make some kind of beverage run every couple days still.
#12 is on the way
February 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The kids drink milk and water. Occasionally they get juice. They don't get soda here ever, but if they go to a party or something I don't throw a fit about the kids getting soda.
I have been drinking mostly gatorade lately.

February 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Water here. Every once in a while, like a pizza night I will get them sodas a treat. Milk or oj with bfast ONLY if they don't have Cereal with milk. I think this is one of the best things we ever did health wise. And our country well water is the best on the planet, so we drink it right out of the ground!
February 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a large Brita that I keep full of water. That's mainly what everyone drinks. The kids are allowed to have milk a couple of times a day, and I have to buy Lactaid for Halleigh because she can't drink regular milk or use it in her food. I usually buy 4 to 5 gallons of milk and 2 large(96oz) containers of lactaid per week. I keep a little juice around, but they're only allowed to have 75% water and 25% juice once in a while.

February 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i raised my kids on water. i am not a milk drinker so i did not really push it. now, with wyatt, he drinks chocolate milk every morning, the twins do too and they get it again at night. i still push water. we don't routinely keep soda in the house and i am not a juice drinker either. but my favorite is iced tea. the kidlets all like it and they also like 'arnold palmers' cuz thats what DH drinks.

~~terre~~
February 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
It's a variety here; juice, some soda (only caffeine free & sugar free allowed), water & milk.
I mostly drink coffee (I have a Keurig) and water.

February 27th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a dairy farm so I just go to the barn to get milk when the jug is empty and we mostly drink water. We hardly drink juice because I don't buy it, 1. because I'm cheap when it comes to juice and 2. I find it unneccisary sugar and calories. A lot of the time the kids prefer water to anything else.

We do have (we call it) pop in our coldroom, and the kids usually get to have it one night on the weekends. I've kindof got a stockpile happening at the moment, it's been on sale lately and we haven't really drank a whole lot.
February 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly milk and water here, juice a few times a week (I buy enough to make 1.5 or 2 gallons a week). We usually go through 3 gallons of milk in a week and that's including what we use for cereal. Dh drinks Dr. Pepper (he used to drink a lot of beer, and since he quit, this is what he drinks instead and I'm not going to complain). I like to drink hot tea in the mornings. I cannot usually handle coffee. I have to eat a lot of food with some protein with the coffee or it makes me feel really bad.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go through about 6 gallons of milk a week. Usually they have a glass with meals. We have water on the door of the fridge and they have full access to that. Sodas are a rare treat.
February 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly water for everyone. We do drink milk but 3 gallons will get us through the week easily. No store bought juice. Dh just bought me a juicer so I've been making fresh juice for them on weekend mornings. Dh usually has a stash of Diet Dr. Pepper in the garage for himself. I'm trying to wean myself so I won't buy soda to keep at the house but on a particularly rough day I'll make a Sonic run.
I do keep wine in the garage for a relaxing Fri or Sat night. I don't drink much just a glass here and there.
February 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Okay, apparently I am the only water hater. Ughhh. It has to have some kind of flavor or I am not drinking it.
#12 is on the way
February 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't drink plain water very often either. Sometimes if I'm in the mood for it, but it has to be really cold. We used to have ice/water in the old fridge, but then they gave us this one and it doesn't have either Well it has an ice maker, but you have to buy part of it extra and I'm not sure where to get the part, and the kids can't reach it anyway.

February 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Okay, apparently I am the only water hater. Ughhh. It has to have some kind of flavor or I am not drinking it.
No you're not. I do not like water and if I do drink it (usually in the summer) I will only drink ours which comes out of the well. People in big cities have no clue what water should really taste like. Myself included until 10 years ago.

My husband only drinks Pepsi and with breakfast milk. I only drink Dr. Pepper but like sweet tea in the summer.

We go through about a gallon a day of milk. We rarely have juice but on occasion I will by some. The kids drink anything really they are pretty good about rotating. The older ones drink mainly water though. The younger will drink soda, milk, water whatever is available...or whatever is in my cup.
February 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
We drink mostly tap water or milk, sometimes seltzer. We go though about 5 gallons of milk a week. I buy soda for Saturday's only.

February 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
The kids drink juice and milk, they are not big on water but I do make sure they at least have some water through the day. If we go on trips we bring bottles of water, and playing outside they have water as well. Dh and I do the mio in our water, they have many flavors and I they are pretty good for anyone who doesn't like plain water (like me) we have a soda now and then, the kids have root beer now and then as well. I am currently loving my ice coffee in the morning, Starbucks gets expensive after awhile and walmart has this iced coffee in the milk section, it's pretty good.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
February 27th, 2012, 06:45 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love water, but in the winter it has to be at room temp. Cold water is just too cold. I also like warm water when I'm working out. Cold water makes me cramp up.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Regular
Living in Western Australia is I'm sure similar to living in the desert, temperatures in summer can soar as high as 42 celsius during a heatwave, which we had in March last year and again in January this year! So I encourage drinking of water A LOT in our house. I have a countertop water chiller where the kids can help themselves to chilled water throughout the day. They get homemade iced tea for school and that's about it.

On weekends I relax a bit and will allow some sodas but not every weekend.

I drink water and one cup of decaf coffee a day.

DH drinks water, tea and beers (when I buy them)
February 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I are soda junkies. I drink diet and he drinks regular. We don't share with the kids. They drink milk, water, OJ, and apple juice. I'd say we do four gallons of milk a week, one apple juice jug, and two orange juice jugs. Dh and I drink the milk and juice too.
February 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM
momof4n1more's Avatar Member
We go through about 2 gallons of milk a week, 2 gallons of juice and the rest water. DH and I like Sobe life water. It has no artificial sweeteners and is calorie free. The kids can have sprite with pizza on Friday nights or if we go out ( which is rare)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search