Something "different" about yourself

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Besides having a big family...LOL

What is something about you that is different, odd, weird....whatever. LOL

I don't like driving through car washes or over the pit in drive thru oil change places. At car washes I am afraid I'm going to not make those "rut" things and mess up the van or the car wash itself. The oil change place, I think I'm gonna put a tire into the pit. I make dh do it or we don't go. LOL
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are a freak. Driving over bridges makes me nervous, but I do it.

I think I am perfectly normal
March 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink out of a bubbler

That's all I got.

March 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
What is a "bubbler"?

Yes, I am a freak. I try! LOL.
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a 'bubbler' is what we normal people call a water fountain.

Major bridge phobia! I have to hold my breath when I go over them and my heart starts racing. Technically, it's not just bridges but anytime we drive near water. At boat docks I have to get out before they back the boat in. My dad used to drive around the pond banks when I was little too. Those are my first memories of having my mini panic attacks.

I'm obsessed with names. I love critiquing them like they are piece of art. Nobody but other name lovers gets it. Half the time I don't even get it but I've always loved it.

I have nightmares a lot (not exactly 'different') but I won't ever repeat them to anyone because I'm afraid it will make them real (I do realize how silly it is but I still can't make myself talk about it). The crazy thing is they will scare me so bad I have to talk to someone. So, it's not surprising for me to call dh in the middle of the night because I've had a nightmare but not tell him what it was about. He hates it but I can't help it.
March 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I always thought the trick to nightmares was to talk about them so they don't come back! At least that's what I always did.

Maybe I am weird in that I am compelled to make food for other people.
March 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate peeling oranges, hate it. It makes me fingers feel so weird. I always have my 9 year old peel them for the kids.
March 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmmm

I talk to other drivers, when I am driving. Like "buddy what are you doing?" and "why don't you just pass me" and "what's the hurry?".
March 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
LOL @ talking to other drivers. I do too.

I can't peel oranges they make my hands itchy. I can't get any kid of citrus juice on my skin.

I don't usually have nightmares. I don't like scary stuff, never watch it, maybe thats why?? I am a BIG chicken.
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like to read but I don't really like to read fiction books. Every so often if 10+ people have recommended a fiction book/series to me I'll read it but that is rare and usually walk away thinking it was a huge waste of time to read it.

I really don't like talking on the phone even to close friends/family. Never have even before e-mail and all that and still don't.

[
March 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
That is weird. Back in the day I had a phone nearly grow into the side of my head.
March 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like foam either. Not like styrofoam, but the floral foam. Because of the texture I can't even look at (or touch) mr clean erasers, and I can't eat malted milk balls, they have the same kind of texture, gives me goosebumps.
Yes a bubbler is the thing you drink out of. You throw pennies in water fountains

March 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I can't walk over storm drains, I have to walk around them always. I don't even let the kids do it; I freak out if they even attempt it & that makes them walk around it too.

My towels have to be folded a specific way or it drives me nuts. When the kids would help me before they knew 'mommys' way, I would wait till they were in bed at night & re-fold them all.

I have a non-REM Delta sleep issue that I have had all my life. Normally people have REM & non-REM in different stages; I have non-REM dreams which are very vivid and only in fragments that last for 4 to 6 hours. I never have REM sleep, just all non-REM Delta

I can't fathom running out of basic toilettries etc, I have to have a 'store' in my linen closet to avoid this (hence why I coupon lol)
If you think I'm kidding (and these pictures are a few months old, so there is about twice the amount in there now)...

And there is a whole pile of toilet paper, paper towels and boxes of kleenex piled up on shelves in my laundry room lol
Just_Marie and cnote like this.

Last edited by KrazE; March 12th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
March 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
The one weird thing that people always comment on is my love of cars. I hate driving especially by myself but I love learning about engines, etc. My DH could care less about cars.

March 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for reminding me I need to go get toilet paper! Nice Stash, too!

You throw pennies in a wishing well silly goose!

I can't talk about them. Seriously...freeze up in fear. I'll take them to the grave with me.

I talk to other drivers too but I'm not nearly as nice.

I sometimes describe things I taste compared to the way something else smells or I will describe a smell compared to a taste.
For example "Omg, my mouth tastes the way pigs smell!" (this was after a fun night out on the town, lol.) or "I love the smell of the triple wax at the car wash. It smells the way fruity gum tastes."
March 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Love the stash KrazE!!

I don't really talk on the phone either.
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I hate talking on the phone.

I have actual OCD....public places and shopping carts bother me. I developed that after my 2 year old was born, along with post-traumatic stress from the delivery. It's a LOT better now(and I don't let it stop me)...I hope it goes away someday. I have a hard time admitting that to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmamax5 View Post
The one weird thing that people always comment on is my love of cars. I hate driving especially by myself but I love learning about engines, etc. My DH could care less about cars.
I love cars too! I know a lot about them.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 13th, 2012, 07:59 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a terrible phobia of worms. I feel sick to my stomach if I look at them or talk about them. If I accidentally touch one, I get sweaty and shaky. I held one in my hand ONE TIME, and threw up.

One day a friend of mine was helping me plant flowers in our flower bed. I have those landscaping stones around it. She knows of my worm phobia and she kept on putting worms on the stones next to me. She just thought it was hilarious until I looked her straight in the eye, and said "You know I love you, but if you don't stop putting the worms close to me, I am going to go find a snake for you." And I meant it. She quit.

When I put on deodorant, I have to put the same amount of swipes in each armpit, and it has to be an even number or divisible by 5.

The volume on anything also must be an even number or divisible by 5.

The sheet and blanket on the bed MUST be put on right (with the top at the top of the bed) or I will redo it. DH always does it wrong; drives me crazy.

I think that's it.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Last edited by sarahlorrain; March 13th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
March 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM
We used to have a garter snake and it was pregnant, had 25 babies. We had to feed them worms. I used to have to go out and dig up my backyard to feed all these baby snakes. Ohhh the fun! LOL
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search