So...what do you think?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Tomorrow is my 40 week appointment. I know I am "soft" and probably 2-3 cm. Been having contrax, but nothing that keeps going. Baby is pretty low, but still floating, not engaged yet.

So last week the mw said she would do a membrane strip this week. I had asked about it, thinking more like we'd try it around 41weeks, but she said she'd have no issues doing it this week.

I'm not sure if I want to or not. I'd like him to come on out, and last time it took an aggressive sweep at 41 weeks and at 42 weeks to encourage Kya out. However, I don't want to do a sweep and it causes my water to break and no contrax, because then I have to go in to the hospital and hang out there. They'll want to monitor me and I know they'll start with the recommended section crap.

So what do you think. Get the sweep tomorrow or wait until my next appointment at 41w 2d, on the 22nd??
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
You know how your own body behaves (or misbehaves lol) so I'd say to wait for the next appointment.

March 12th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Id say wait too but Im not the one who is 40 weeks and ready to deliver either Good luck I hope baby comes SOON without help!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
March 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd wait. I usually go between 41-42 weeks and it's hard waiting but I think you are right on about not wanting to risk any of the complications at 40 weeks.

March 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say wait. It hurts and doesn't work so why bother? And I am 40+ weeks, too!
March 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only had it done once(my last baby), and only allowed it because I was close to my due date and my BP was up(had been for a few weeks). Didn't work for me. Not sure I'd do it again.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

March 13th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I think I'll wait. Thanks ladies.
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only had it done once (without permission might I add). (Mad face here). I'd say wait.
I just can't believe that you still go late after having so many babies! It must be so cozy in there
March 13th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck whatever you decided.
March 13th, 2012, 07:52 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think walking would work better.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
If walking worked he'd be here by now. LOL

I didn't do it. Told her no thanks. Of course when I go next week they want to do NST's and an u/s to check fluid levels. I'll be 41+2.

Today when I was checking out they tell me I owe $15 for five urine tests. That my insurance pays half and I owe the other half. I asked why it took them so long to tell me then. No answer. I didn't pay. No more peeing in a cup for me.
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I had it done with at least 2 of them and went into labor that night and both were done at 38 weeks. I was induced with the last cause I was trying to avoid a long hospital stay (GBS+ with the last 2). I would strip any day of the week before being induced. I do though have quick and fast labors, plus live miles from the hospital..these option ensure that I will make it on time (although barely with the 2 that were stripped).
March 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I can't be induced, at all, due to past sections. I will let them strip the membranes at the next appointment. It is on the 22nd, so I'll be past 41 weeks.
#12 is on the way
March 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I can't be induced, at all, due to past sections. I will let them strip the membranes at the next appointment. It is on the 22nd, so I'll be past 41 weeks.
I remember you mentioning that somewhere else. It's a good thing, my inductions were horrible.
March 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a plan

The doc keeps nickle and dime-ing me too. I have to pay $1 for each lab I do, then $3 for every time I see the dermatologist, so far that's all I've run into, we'll see what other charges they come up with. Luckily the last few times I've had spare cash with me, I always thought they just charge you at the end when everything is done and over with, but whatever.

March 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chose not to be stripped today too! I told my on about my friend in Detroit who always goes to 42 weeks, too. I dont even get checked. I have lost two more pounds though. Lots of oxytocin waves, but not a single contraction. Went to lunch at a Mexican place though, so maybe the salsa will set me off. My sweet but dumb cousin was born on this day many years ago. Even my stupid aunt can give birth on this date and I can't. I would put that on fb but she is on there.
March 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmers-wife View Post
I chose not to be stripped today too! I told my on about my friend in Detroit who always goes to 42 weeks, too. I dont even get checked. I have lost two more pounds though. Lots of oxytocin waves, but not a single contraction. Went to lunch at a Mexican place though, so maybe the salsa will set me off. My sweet but dumb cousin was born on this day many years ago. Even my stupid aunt can give birth on this date and I can't. I would put that on fb but she is on there.
That just left me laughing out loud.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search