Anyone want to fess up....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
To being the mom who forgot one of her kids at Chuck E Cheese? Holy cow! You couldn't pay me to take ten kids of ANY age to that place.

PEARLAND, TX - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say it appears a 5-year-old girl was left at a Chuck E. Cheese in Texas after her birthday party. It wasn't until the next morning that her mother realized her child was missing.

That five-year-old's family forgot her at the restaurant Thursday night. Investigators say she'd been abandoned for about nine hours before her mom even noticed.
"I think that's crazy," said parent Andy Anzaldua. "I can't believe anybody would forget their child."

"I mean, I don't understand why anybody would forget their child at a venue like Chuck E. Cheese, especially," Anzaldua said. "I mean, I don't see where anybody would forget their child, period, but a venue like that, you go there for your children."
Deputies say the child didn't know her mom's name or contact number.
Investigator Jeff Mink with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office said, "There was 19 children there, with three adults. They started packing up to leave around 9:30 or 10 and did not realize the five-year-old was missing until this morning."
Mink said the little girl's mom has 10 children of her own, ranging in age from two to 15. He says the mom claims she only realized her five-year-old wasn't home when she woke up to get the kids ready for school. She then called 911.
Now the girl is with Child Protective Services as the agency continues looking into why she was left behind at Chuck E. Cheese.
March 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nuts!
March 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have no idea how you forget your child anywhere.
#12 is on the way
March 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I once forgot Carrie in my living room. I didn't get very far though....I went around the block and then came back for her. What happened was that I put her in her infant carseat, strapped her in, and then just left her and the seat. I know...awful.
March 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A lady I worked with told me she left one of her kids behind at pizza hut once. They all ate dinner there then went to look at christmas lights, and when they got home realized one kid wasn't with them. She had 5. Of course I could see this happening more back in her kids time, they are all my age, and that was when you didn't use car seats for the kids, and probably didn't even push them to wear seat belts. No cell phones then either!

Leaving a kid behind just because "you thought they were with someone else" is just lazy parenting. Wouldn't you at least make sure that other adult HAS the kid as they are leaving?

March 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think what I find most crazy isn't that they just left her, but that they didn't even notice until the next day. She's only five, and it was HER birthday. Shouldn't someone have tucked her in??

Another "left behind"story is an old family one. My grandparents had four boys, and were a Navy family. On one of their moves (early 60's probably) they forgot my uncle (their youngest) at a gas station. They drove another half-four before turning back (so an hour total), and when they arrived he was sitting on the front steps eating an ice cream cone with the owner's wife.
March 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
lol Yeah I guess the Pizza hut people gave her daughter free drinks and stuff while they waited for them to come back.

That's so sad about the birthday girl

March 14th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nuts.
I'm always head counting my kids and to not leave without checking you have your kids. Uggg. they are your responsability. Make sure the ohter person has them if you don't. This just pisses me off to be honest. And no one noticed until the next day? Seriously??????????

I can't believe I just said 'pisses me off' on this message board. That's how mad it makes me.

Maybe they should have been packing up earlier than 10pm from CEC on a school night and they wouldn't have been too tired to realize that they forgot their child.
*yikes*

Did anyone see on the news that there were actually two separate incidents the same day at two unrelated CEC locations?
bajars2531 likes this.
March 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM
The yahoo article listed all the different locations where kids were left behind, it's not an uncommon thing at chuck-e-cheese I guess!

Do they serve beer there? lol

March 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They do!
March 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I have only been there once, maybe 8 years ago or so, it wasn't a great experience. Won't ever go back unless they put one in my city.

March 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
they brawl at the CEC's around here. Fist fights, and I mean the grown ups!! Ridiculous!!
#12 is on the way
March 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To be fair, why didn't they call her? I read they called the police, turned the kids over to dcf, filed a report etc. but she was 5. Surely she knew her name and maybe phone number? The whole mess could have been avoided. It happens. We have lost kids at the zoo, at wild adventures, left one at church. Know what he Sunday school teacher did? Called me. Dh left her here forgetting he was ringing her home. We only had two at the time! We do a head count and roll call. Also check other vehicles if others are taking some kids. But accidents happen. Mistakes are made. Where is the grace or hat village people keep talking about?
March 14th, 2012, 01:56 PM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My cousin and I were left at a buffet restaurant once. I was 3 1/2 my cousin was 5. In our case it was that there were a couple cars of family at the restaurant and they assumed we were in another car. The realized we were missing as soon as we got home.

Well I can't imagine forgetting one of my kids there is absolutely no way I could not realize there were missing until morning! Yikes!

[
March 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Farmers Wife....it says the little girl didn't know her parent's contact info or last name. Maybe she was scared and forgot.
March 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's not the only one either!

I read another article about a little girl who was left there. Apparently, the parents were separated and I guess they each thought the daughter was with the other parents or with other family members. They found out they'd left her when one of them saw her picture on the news!!!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
March 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Farmers Wife....it says the little girl didn't know her parent's contact info or last name. Maybe she was scared and forgot.
Ok. In the article I first read it didn't say anything about it. Just that they called the police etc. and in this day and age, I could see her not knowing the parents last names!
March 14th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I've never left my kids. I'm paranoid about it when we go out, and I keep a close eye on them. I make sure I have enough help.
UrbanMomma likes this.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I were the 5 year old I'd probably appreciate the break and "forget" my contact info too

I do a head count, but I could totally see it happening if there were multiple families in different vehicles. Sometimes you try your best but life happens.
cnote likes this.
March 15th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can see forgetting a kid, but the overnight thing is crazy. Someone should have noticed by then.

Most kids in my twins pre-k class are just learning their phone numbers.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search