potty training

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What's the earliest you've pulled it off? I've always been a big believer in waiting until they are ready. My two girls trained at exactly three. No pull-ups, no charts, no nothing. I just stuck them in undies, showed them the toilet and they trained right away for day and night. My son was 2 years 9 months and pretty much the same thing, although he took longer at night.

BUT...as Katy sneaks up on two I am so so soooo ready to be done with the diapers. I've been changing them every day for 7 1/2 years, and as she is our last, I feel like my diaper days will soon be over. And I wish they were over now, lol. I may get the little potty out and try to stick her on it soon. I really think she is too young, but I've heard of other people training right at two. Come on Katy....be a potty training all star!

It doesn't help that the kid blows out her pants everyday. I don't know what is wrong with her...she can't ever just go. No, it's always "Mooooommm! Katy's covered in poop!" or "Mom! Katy's pooping in the tub." And that is the worst.
March 14th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess my kids potty train late, at least the ones that we have "done". Noah and Jayde for sure were potty trained by one day care lady when they went to day care. I loved her, Sydney was difficult, she wouldn't train at daycare, but then I was home for the summer I think, and she finished up at home, and was potty trained by the time she went to preschool for sure. RJ wore diapers most of the year at head start when he was 3, then toward the end he started getting it at school and during the summer he was pretty much trained. Becca was last summer I think I dunno I just started putting underwear on her and made her go on the toilet, she had just one day where she screamed and threw a fit about putting on the underwear but I didn't give in. With her for almost a year she would hold her poop until bed time, but then she got a stomach flu and pooped her pants like 3x, and I gave her a shower after each time. I guess the shower was traumatic enough to make her poop on the toilet and she's done it since. lol Haven't even tried with Bastian yet, and I'm pretty sure he'll be close to 4 as well. He doesn't talk much at all though, so it's not really a surprise that he'll take a long time (or at least I think he will).

March 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Most of the boys around 2 1/2-3. Earliest boy was second oldest, he was 2. The girls usually 2-2 1/2. I'm waiting until May to get Kya potty trained. She'll be 2 then.
#12 is on the way
March 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Katy will be two in June. I might at least give it a try this summer.
March 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Summer is a great time too for potty training!

My daughter was potty trained at 2 and the boys were all done by 2 1/2.
We don't do the whole pullup thing either, straight into undies and nothing but consistency. Seemed to take a couple weeks for us.

Good luck!
March 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only ever used pull-ups for night time use. They are diapers after all, just because they come off differently doesn't mean they hold urine or poo any less or feel any differently to a kid.

March 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My last coupe were very young. The girl was 19 mos. her idea, I didn't want to but she kept climbing up on the potty and taking her diaper off.
March 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just before 3 was my youngest. I have a stubborn one who refuses to poo on the potty but he is 95% pee trained. My 2yo dd seems ready, but with our schedule I don't want to push right now. My goal is to get those 2 out of diapers over the summer. I think day one of summer break I'm gonna push. After those 2 I'll only have one more.....then I guess I'm done......Been changing diapers for 14+ years now....what next???
March 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am pretty sure I have only had one brief break in 17 years of diaper changing.
#12 is on the way
March 15th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Around 3. KC turns 2 in a few weeks. She has pooped and peed on the potty but she isn't talking yet. I am not really focusing on PT her because I feel busy and can't commit plus she can't talk. Hopefully her speech will catch up and I can get her done over the summer.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

March 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have potty trained all of mine within a week of their second birthday, mainly because I have always refused to have 2 in diapers at the same time. However, my youngest 2 1/2 isn't. I could have it done in a day or two but I have yet to find the time. I am hoping to start seriously next week.

As a side not a few weeks ago I took off her diaper and told her not to pee on my carpets. That she was only to go pee pee on her potty. She did great, she pee'd in it twice. We have puppies and I thought she would have fun playing with the so I pulled them out of their play pen and within minutes if pulling them out she is standing over one of them peeing on it (it was intentional). I clean up the puppy and tell her we don't pee on the animals and send her on her way. About an hour later I see her playing with this little sink plunger I have, no big deal she plays with it all of the time. When I look over again she is peeing in the plunger, needless to say the potty training ended that day. The next day I tried again but when she kept taking the little potty seat cup out and hovering over it I was done. That's how I know she is ready...but I am seriously afraid of what will be pee'd in and on.
March 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did my two oldest at 30 months, the twins are now 36 months and not doing great at it. I do have three friends who were able to PT their girls at 15 months, they were just eager and ready. My kids aren't built like that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search