Did you find out the gender of your pregnancies?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Since you ladies have so many I want to know did you find out the gender of each baby? any reason as to why you did or did not?

I decided I want this one to be a surprise, we found out with the other 3 & well theres nothing I "need" to buy that can't wait until after baby is born so I want to see what that "moment" is like since this could be our last if we don't get blessed with more. Anyway at the park and a lady assumes Im much further along than I am and then asks me what Im having, I say its a surprise and she goes "savor this one b/c after #4 they don't have the same meaning so no one will give a **** if you find out & theres no way you love them all or that you give a **** about the pregnancies at that point" now my first response was to punch her in the face but since my DD and I just had a talk on the way to the park about christian like behavior i opted for the high road but it had me curious for those that actually have more children (the lady admitted she has 3 so *** does she know) don't you love them all the same? Weren't you "excited" about all the pregnancies? ( i mean I know as you have more your alittle busier etc but even though this is number 4 Im still excited, granted theres not alot of time to sit in a rocker and rub my belly but it doesnt make me less excited for a new baby...

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
March 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Uh, yeah, I was just as excited w/ #6 as I was with #1. Possibly even a bit more because at this point we know how fast it really does go and savor it more. (Though it does seem like others outside the family care less and less.)

My #4 was a surprise. I found out with the others. It is an amazing moment. #5 and #6 were supposed to be surprises as well but I caved.
March 22nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
All but one of them we knew, the one we weren't sure of wouldn't open her legs and let us take a peek. For us we wanted to know if our boy/girl pattern held, it did, so in a way we were never really surprised. I also like to be prepared cause I really hate neutral colors and have/had none of them so knowing ahead of time let me know what needed to be washed and ready.
March 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't find out with the first 3, tried with the 4th right before she was born, she was premature so she had a bunch of ultrasounds right before birth, but they just couldn't tell. She came out purple and barely breathing, so not that I really cared a whole lot about the gender (the furthest I would go is saying I may have had a mild preference after 3 girls) but at that moment, breathing was all that mattered.
We found out with #5, and I had a total gut feeling she would be a girl as well, and we told everyone so they could get over it ahead of time.

Each baby is SUCH a gift, that whole gender thing is SO distantly secondary, and also, people don't seem to get that your 5th (10th or 15th for that matter) is just as wonderfull as your first or second.
March 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We found out with all of them so far. I am thinking I don't want to find out with this baby, but I'm not sure. Either way the furniture I'm buying this time is going to be neutral, AND i'm keeping it! LOL Honestly the only reason I'm thinking of finding out is because we have a hard time with names and that narrows it down by 50% at least.

March 22nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I may have punched her.

I found out with all but #1 and #4. #1 they couldn't tell and #4 was a homebirth and I opted out of any testing.

Each pregnancy I have been excited for. No matter the gender they are each their own cool individual and I love meeting them.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
Wow, that I can't believe she said that .

We haven't found out the gender with any of our pregnancies and if I was to get pregnant again we wouldn't find out. I have been excited for each pregnancy and it is great getting to know all their personalities.

March 22nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Goodness! What a thing to say! Each baby is a blessing and loved just as much as the first! And like a pp said, you cherish pgcy and childhood so much more because you know how fast it truly goes.
I am in awe everytime I hear a hb for the first time!
Anyway, that being said, I only didn't find in ith #1, I didn't have an u/s with him. I always say i'd like it to be a surprise, but I'm weak! Lol
March 22nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've found out with only 2 of the 12. Both times I had necessary ultrasounds for bleeding issues. One made it perfectly clear he was a boy - I didn't need to ask now did she go out of her way to show me. The next, my good friend was with me and the tech told her and I couldn't stand that the two of them knew and I didn't! I do prefer not knowing - especially because I really prefer not needing an ultrasound!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
March 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not find out with the first 2. I did with the other 4. idk if I could wait anymore.....not that its something Ill have to think about.....
March 22nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe she said that! I was just as excited about #7 as I was about #1 and we had lots of family and friends that were equally excited about his arrival.

We didn't find out with #4 and #6. With #5 we weren't going to but my Mom couldn't attend the birth and we decided to have a sonogram at 30 weeks to find out with her there. I honestly preferred knowing. With #6 I was certain he was a girl and it took some time after he was born to adjust to the fact he was a boy. I wasn't disappointed or anything, just totally convinced I was having a daughter. Baby Gus is our last baby and I am glad we found out with him. I loved sorting through our boy clothes and getting everything ready. I felt more connected with him during my pregnancy.

March 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have found out with each one. I have toyed with not, but the dh always wants to, so we do. It helps with naming arguments. I always say it is just as much a surprise at 20 weeks as 40. Or 50 in my case.

That woman is an idiot. I do agree that outsiders don't care as much, but true friends do. I do. I read something that said "anyone who thinks ou can't love #5 as much as #1 doesn't have 5". They just don't know. They are ignorant. And deserve death.
March 23rd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
All but one of them we knew, the one we weren't sure of wouldn't open her legs and let us take a peek. For us we wanted to know if our boy/girl pattern held, it did, so in a way we were never really surprised. I also like to be prepared cause I really hate neutral colors and have/had none of them so knowing ahead of time let me know what needed to be washed and ready.

I HATE neutral too, thats the hardest part of this for me. But i keep saying I have enough to get thru the first few weeks it wont kill me.. Dh is trying his hardest to get me to cave( i have the last 2 babies) I swear this time im not!

OMG the name argument, I didnt think about finding out for the sake of names... Lord help us, our poor kids typically dont get a name until right before we leave the hospital and we are only at number 4, I can't imagine being where some of y'all are by now... we might have to start thing 1 thing 2 etc by that point

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
March 23rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like others have said I can't believe she said that I'm also expecting #4 but I'm the oldest of 7 and I know that my mom (and the siblings) were just as excited for #5-7 as we were the younger 4.

We have also found out with ours. This time since we have had both genders and wouldn't need to buy stuff I considered not finding out but what tipped it is the name issue. I only want to have to decide on one name so we'll find out again with this one.

[
March 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am seriously lmao at FW....50 weeks.....and the death part. OMG....I am honestly laughing at my computer and trying to explain to dh why its soooooo dang funny!
Sour Amaretto likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
It is only funny because it's true.
Sour Amaretto likes this.
March 23rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL @ fw

For me this whole thing is a little different, a lot of people assume that we have 5 kids because we kept "trying for a boy". I know people use that term all the time, but it's not like we would have "quit" if our third had been a boy. It's also assumed that we've been somehow dissappointed with having "just" girls.

Sadly, there is an element of truth to what this lady said, I felt my #3 was very "un-celebrated" because she was my 3rd girl in 3 years. Good thing I got some better friends afterwards
March 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
But you loved her the same, right? I was talking more about us and the kids, not so much outsiders.
March 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
absolutely!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search