What do your kids want to be when they grow up?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cybele

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE discussing this with my kids, on two different levels. I love talking to the older ones about it because I love seeing how happy it makes them to think of their future and what they want to be, and I love talking to little ones (or little one, and the others when they were younger) because the things they come/came up with are just adorable.

At the moment, with my kids its,

Dita wants to be a chocolatier. She will be going to university next year and her high school makes them apply to a minimum of 5 places, she is applying to 6 but the one she wants more than anything is a culinary institute that offers a 3 year culinary management course and throughout the 3 years you do 3 one year cooking modules, she wants to do confectionery manufacturing, patisserie and retail baking (cake and pastry) at the moment her "career goal" is to open a store that does handmade chocolates, cakes to order and a cafe section.

Azriel wants to join the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, but career and study wise he wants to be a music teacher.

Sunny currently want to join the circus. Its a real obsession of hers, she does gymnastics and were currently talking about a circus club where she will learn acrobatics, but its the cost thats holding that back at the moment. So we'll see.

Lux switches between wanting to be a vet and a zoologist, recently she discovered that she could be a vet at the zoo, so thats her current thing that she wants to be.

Sasha wants to be a train. Not a train driver, a train. He wants to be a red train and live with Thomas the Tank Engine.
April 1st, 2012, 01:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those aren't your ordinary "teacher, doctor" goals! I love that the little one want to be a train LOL!

I read on Nathan's "About me" poster at school that he wants to be a grown up when he grows up and that he will be 50 yrs old when that happens.

Reagan's said she wanted to be a teacher and she will be 21. She also has said an animal expert and a dancer.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a question that comes up periodically at our house. I also love hearing their answers.

I haven't asked recently but I have heard them talking about a family restuarant they are going to have. My oldest has always wanted to go to culinary school. Since she was in the 2nd grade to be exact. Now she has #3 talking about it as well. They are always talking about their menus and making big plans. I think it's so sweet.

I'll have to ask again to get current answers on 2, 4, 5 (doubt 6 will have an answer, lol). I'm sure they've changed by now.
April 1st, 2012, 07:19 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sydney says she wants to be a mom and a teacher. I don't know about the rest of them honestly!

April 1st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan is 5 and yesterday he wanted to be a pilot-either helicopter or space ship-I told him as long as he works for a major airline so I can fly for free he may proceed

E is nearly 4 and wants to teach or do ballet

The twins are working on PTing, they're not very career focused right now

I want them to be: pilot, teacher, nurse, paramedic and lawyer

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
April 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Well last I heard ness wanted to work in the fashion industry, xan wants to be a kidney dr, Thayer wants to do engineering of some sort, alorah wants to be a mom and a teacher, tali wants to be a vet, laynie wants to be a cheerleader princess, Sawyer wants to be a power ranger, Ryder hasn't told me yet what he's interested in

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

April 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Power Ranger sounds like an excellent job.
Kristina likes this.
April 5th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Matthew (15) wants to work in animation. What he really wants to do is be like a set designer for rides at Disney.
Dillon (13) a marine biologist
Collin (10) a cowboy
Zachary (8) a spy or a ninja
Emily (5) a mommy, and she tells me this all the time!
Natalie (2) potty trained!
Griffin...who knows

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search