how many bedrooms?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I am just curious. Dhs granny raised 8 kids in a 3 bedroom house. We have 5 bedrooms but we also live in a very old farm house with large rooms so we were able to turn one room into two to get the five. If we have more kids I may give up my craft room or we will move a kid into the play room. Trust me our house is not fancy at all, but it is big enough to raise an army! Our old house was 2 bedrooms and 768 sq ft and we had 3 kids when we moved from it!
April 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We have 6, in our ranch 3 on the main floor and 3 in the walk in basement we also have the lil girls playroom that you have to walk through to get to their room so they kind of have 2 rooms for the 3 of them.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 6th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are four bedrooms, but the house is small. The boys have a first floor bedroom, Sebastian has his own room for now, and the three girls share a room. If this new baby is a girl then Sebastian will just have his own room for even longer. We have a basement playroom too, but I wouldn't convert that just so the kids don't have to share.

April 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3br. 4 boys in one, 4 girls in the other. New baby is with us for now. Not sure what we will do with her when I want her out of my room. We have plans drawn for a nice master suite addition, but no money to build it.
April 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 br. 2 boys in one and 3 girls in the other and the baby rooms with us.

I'm hoping dh gets the job he's applied for so that we will move soon and can look for a bigger house. Otherwise, if we stay we are going to need to covert our garage.
April 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
4 bedroom. Only the 2 girls share.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
We are only renting this place for a year but its a 5 bedroom, 4 are ok sized and upstairs so we are all up there and the 5th is the master downstairs but this house doesn't have a den/family room so we had to use the master as a playroom. I am not the fondest of this house and hope we can buy or move within a year!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13
April 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We have a 4 bedroom house, it's a small house built in the early 1900's my biggest complaint is lag of closets and storage space. People just did not have as much stuff as people today do.

The hubby has one room, my 2 older girls have one room in the basement. My older boy has the other room in the basement. My 10 year old is supposed to share the room with him but hates the basement so when my next oldest boy comes home from college he use's the room. Then I have the next 4 in the other room. They like it that way, when my oldest girl moves out in the next few months my 8 year old girl will move in with her sister leaving the 10 year old boy, 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl in the one room.
April 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We have 3 bedrooms.

2 oldest girls in one room, 3 boys in another room. Upstairs is me, dh, youngest dd, 3 yo son and baby. The two oldest are in makeshift rooms downstairs.
#12 is on the way
April 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
for most of the time i had kids at home i had either 3 or 4 bedrooms. we chose this house specifically because it had not only 4 bedrooms but 3 bathrooms AND an office that could convert to a 5th bedroom if necessary. as you all remember, it became necessary!!!

~~terre~~
April 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
We have a 3 br, 1.5 bath, but since it's now down to just 2 kids with us, the boys each have their own rooms with the youngest being in the converted basement and the other upstairs bedroom being used as SO's computer room/ham shack.

I will be building shelving in the storage area to better organize things in the basement in the near future. I already did up shelving & cupboard space in the laundryroom before the new washer & dryer arrived, so that is pretty organized now.

April 6th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When we bought the house 13 years ago it was 4 bedroom plus study, I was pregnant with Sunny and we had just come out of a 2 bedroom place, we thought it would be fantastic because each child would have a bedroom, plus us obvious, PLUS we would have a study.

Then Lux came along and the study was turned into a bedroom, then when I was pregnant with Sasha we were umming and ahhing about where to put him, the bedrooms in this house are very small and cramped as it is, and there really isnt a room that can fit 2 people (other than ours, and theres already two of us in there) so we had an extra bedroom built onto the sunroom at the back.

So its currently 5 bedroom plus study being used as a bedroom.
April 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Ours is 4 bedrooms plus study. The study is in the basement, and at some point may be a room, but maybe not. We have the eldest and youngest boy in one room, the middle boys in another, the girls in the third, and the baby with us.
April 13th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
technically 6bed with five kids but the 6th is actually my sewing room. Right now the twins share and the other three have their own rooms, but when the nanny comes in Dec N and E will share until Joey is old enough to share and shuffle. I'm doing everything I can to keep my sewing room. I've also got my office on the main floor that I can convert in to the nanny's room if I have to
April 14th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Super Mommy
We have a 5 Bedroom ranch. 4 bedroom upstairs and 1 down in the walk out basement. The oldest 2 boys share the bedroom basement, the girls each have their own (but the room are soooo small) and the two little boys share the bigger bedroom upstairs.

We are not sure what we will do w/the new addition. If it is a boy, he can go in with the little boys since right now we have bunk beds and a crib in there. If it is a girl she could still go in there for a while. We would love to move, but I just don't know if that will be possible.

April 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
funny I started this before I knew we would be losing my sister. For those of you that have multiple kids in a room, I sometimes wish we would have left our girls together. While we have enough bedrooms I do sometimes miss having a smaller house.
April 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a four bedroom. It's been kind of hard for us actually, because the military and also the county we live in has strict occupancy rules. I imagine if we bought a house it would be our business, but as long as we live on base or rent we have to follow the rules. That means we can't have a three bedroom place, even though that would be fine for us, and four bedroom places are harder to find.

Anyway, we have the four kids, so two get their own rooms and two share.
April 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have 6 bedrooms, 4 downstairs and 2 upstairs, and we have an office. Our house is just the right size for us.
April 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
LavenderBlue's Avatar Regular
I have a 3 bedroom and I'm so upset because it's perfect for us and now it will be to small. However I do have a sunroom that is our toy/activity room and they do not have toys in their rooms so I can technically put 3 in one with the bunkbeds we have. They are awesome. Every little girls dream.
April 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 4 bedrooms. My dh, I & almost 2yo old are in one, my 13 yo has her own right now, my 3 & 5 yo are in one and my 16, 14, & 9 yo share another. That is changing soon though, we're making a room in the basement for the 16 & 14 yo my 9 yo will move to the smaller room, that 3 & 5 yo are in, and those 2 will take the biggest room that the boys are in now. Ryan will move in w/ them to make room for the baby in November!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search