New here and unhappily expanding :(

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
LavenderBlue's Avatar Regular
Hi there! I'm not sure if I qualify to be here or not. I have 4 girls ages: 8 1/2, 6, 4, and 16 months. I have been DONE since after #2 was born but thanks to being allergic to every form of BC I have found my way to 4 precious girls that I love to pieces! I was working on saving for the Essure procedure when I found out my oldest needed braces and a palate spacer for some major jaw issues she was having. Guess who got the money and guess who is expecting again? To complicate matters more, I do this alone. My husband and I are seperated although he's been pushing to reconcile and have another. He got his wish after an ER visit had me loopy on pain meds and for the first time in 2 years we ended up in bed. It only takes once. Meanwhile I am so upset and unhappy. I do this alone, he doesn't work, drive or anything. I do it all 100%. I was happy with 4. I'm constantly busy, have zero me time, and I'm scraping corners as much as I can already. I feel like such a jerk for feeling this way. To top it off I have HG with my pregnancies and end up in and out of the hospital. At almost 40 I should NOT be this stupid. I was just getting my life to a good place after everything. So thats my story.
April 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.

But, congratulations on your pregnancy anyway and welcome to our group!

I'm Sarah, mom to 4, ages 10, 8, 6 and 2. We're ttc our 5th.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear that you are having difficult times.

I know where you're coming from as I was busy doing everything alone as well since my ex (we were married then) literally did nothing to help with the children he wanted; we were fully separated by Aug 2005 & then divorced, so I raised all 4 kids completely alone.

I'm Kim, Mom to 4 ages 17, 16, 14, 13 - the two oldest will be 18 & 17 in June and my ex & I did a custody change in July so the two oldest went to live with him as they wanted that opportunity before they became adults & had lives of their own; the two youngest still live with me & their father hasn't even so much as sent them a facebook message in 2 years.

April 15th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi hon -- i am terre, mom to 4 and grandmom to 9. having been a single parent for lots of years with my 4, i understand your frustration. i would say your feelings are pretty natural for the moment. just remember that you are doing it now and will find a way to keep on doing it when little blessing arrives.
Farmers-wife likes this.

~~terre~~
April 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are feeling this way. You will get through it. You can talk it out with us.

What is hg?

I just had #9 myself.
April 15th, 2012, 06:13 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
I took HG to mean hyperemesis gravidarum

April 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought that but couldn't remember the real words. My friend here had that. It is a miserable sitch! Praying for you!
April 15th, 2012, 06:29 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi, sorry you aren't feeling so great right now. Congrats on a baby though, they are such a blessing.

Im Jen, I just had #10, he'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I have 7 boys and 3 girls. The oldest is 17.
#12 is on the way
April 15th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you are in a hard place, but I agree, you will figure it out...we are women, it's what we do!
I'm Bekki and I just had #7. I have 5 boys and 2 girls ranging from 15 to 6 weeks
April 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran
I think we're both due about the same day. I am not so excited about adding #7 either. I too have trouble with b/c so We hoped NFP would be enough. apparently not. So i guess I understand your feelings of guilt over not being happy to be preg.
I do beleive that in the not too distant future youll be saying that you have 5 great kids you love. not that that is much consolation now.

Good luck and congratulations(sortof)
April 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm sorry you're unhappy but it'll work out, it always does somehow and you'll forget how it wasn't planned after he/she has joined your family.

I'm Rebecca btw. I have 7 kids, 1 boy and 6 girls. Five of them are failed birth control babies, but I can't imagine life without them now.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
April 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
HI I am Holly. I have 3 of my own and raising my baby sister also. I am sorry you are struggling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search