How many more weeks?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many more weeks of school do your kiddos have? If you homeschool, are you going to go all summer, or take a break?

My older two have eight more weeks. I can't wait! The combination of spring break and then very warm weather has made me lose all interest in the school routine. I'm worse than the kids.
April 18th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My kids dates are all over the place. The 5 year old I plan to work with all summer, while he is getting the phonics he is struggling a little but some of that is his attention span which is about 20 seconds long. Math is no problem thankfully so we will just focus on that. We are also going to be working through a few weekends so we can get caught up or ahead. I hoping to be done in may/june.
April 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I think mine get out May 25th. I am ready!
April 18th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like 7 weeks and 1 day left. Jayde, Sydney and RJ are taking summer school. Sydney definitely needs it, RJ could use it for consistency through some of the summer so he doesn't forget what paying attention in school is like. His teacher said he's been doing pretty good the past few weeks since we had a big lecture about him getting 1's in paying attention and co-operation and stuff... and I figured since it was offered to Jayde might as well cuz the other 2 are going.
Summer school ends late July I believe, and there is no school for the few days around the 4th. Plus after SS there is a free lunch program for ALL kids 4-18 so most of my kiddos will be able to eat lunch there too.

April 18th, 2012, 10:44 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
15 yo is done in about a month.

17 yo is done in about 6 weeks, he'll be retaking Chemistry in summer school, like I told him, not the way I'd want to spend my vacation, but if he wants to graduate on time, gotta do, what ya gotta do.

The rest are supposed to go to school until the end of June, however I am thinking that they will probably not go the last week or so. They won't be doing anything anyway.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
June 19th is our last day. so it's 2 months away yet. No summer weather here to make it feel like it's almost time, but I'm looking forward to a long break.
April 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 weeks left here. Can't wait!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
April 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Mine are in school until June 28th. I'm not completely looking forward to it because it means that we're that much closer until I have another kiddo in high school starting September (and the public transit fees shot up again this year!).

My oldest will be 18 & graduating grade 12!

When the baby of the family starts grade 9 my daughter will be graduating grade 12 (June 2013).

Where did all the years go?

April 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine just started term 2.

But here they dont finish until December, so haha they have ages left, sucks to be them.
April 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 weeks!!! I'm also over the routine and the homework.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

April 19th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I think until June 12 or 15 th can't remember right now. They are on spring break this week and I am loving not having to get up early and ha e to rush around in the afternoon.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spring break was pretty nice here too. Well maybe not the first two days, but once they got the idea that I"m not here to entertain them they got in a good routine. I assume summer will be the same way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search