Do you...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Do up your dishes after every meal?

Dishwasher or by hand?

Do you wait until the end of the day to do them at once?

I really hate waking up to a messy kitchen in the morning, so no matter how run down I feel, I always need to have my kitchen all clean before I can even go to bed.

During the week with the kids in school, I can get away with just doing them at night after everyone is in bed, but on the weekend I may need to do dishes twice depending on how much cooking or baking I've been doing.

How about you?

April 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i like my sink empty at all times so i try my best to load the dishwasher as the day goes by or to hand wash the little things that don't go in there.

~~terre~~
April 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I load the dishwasher after every meal and run it once a day.
April 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wash dishes once a day usually in the afternoon. It's part of my cleaning routine. Lately the sink has been overflowing by the time breakfast is done.

April 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Depends on the day if I have spare time in the day I'll do it I have to do them by hand if Ryder is awake because he tries to climb in the dishwasher. So I usually wait until the end of the day and do them all then if Dh is home he puts away while I wash.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 19th, 2012, 05:39 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Wash dishes by hand several times a day. I hate a dirty kitchen too, but often my darling teenagers will put dirty dishes in the sink after I have gone to bed.
#12 is on the way
April 19th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have a sink that is almost always full. No dishwasher and even with paper plates it over flows.

I went on strike once and it fazed no one. The only person loosing their mind was me, after a week and a half I caved. I just could not take it anymore.
April 19th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4&5 do dishes after bfast, 2&3 after lunch, 1,2,&3 after dinner as that is when floors get swept, swiffered, etc. no dishwasher. I hardly ever do dishes nymore. I one kid isn't here, someone is assigned to take his place.
April 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
My kids unload the dishwasher and each is assigned different nights to do the dishes. I do the morning and afternoon dishes. The dishwasher gets run after lunch and dinner.
April 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen, but it does happen on occasion. I usually make sure it's all done after supper, during the day I don't care so much, but there's no one around so it stays pretty clean.
April 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dishes get done after every meal. I rarely do them - we have "kitchen teams" that rotate each day - after each meal assigned team washes, drys, puts away dishes. Puts all food away, washes tables and counter tops, and sweeps the floor.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 21st, 2012, 04:43 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Wash dishes by hand several times a day. I hate a dirty kitchen too, but often my darling teenagers will put dirty dishes in the sink after I have gone to bed.
That happens here too!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

April 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a dishwasher and tbh I try to make dh or the sitter fil/empty it-I HATE that job and can't wait until the kids are old enough to do it
I'm not opposed to leaving the dirties in the sink until I run out of something and am forced to wash-nothing is done by hand here
April 23rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
Valerie.'s Avatar Loving life as a mom
Dishes are put into the dishwasher after every meal, what needs to be hand washed gets washed right away ( I hate a messy kitchen ) and I run the dishwasher once a day ( usually when I go to bed and it gets emptied in the morning )

April 24th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Since my only child old enough to be of any real help with dishes is gone several nights a week for sports, youth group, and school activities, Im pretty much on my own. And with 5 kids under8 I am usually too tired in the evening to do much so most of the time I do the dishes in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast. That way the babies cant climb in it while Im loading.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search