how do you get kids to listen.

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By cybele
  • 1 Post By KrazE
  • 2 Post By Farmers-wife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do you get your kids to listen!!!

AHH this is my vent.

I am on day 5 of clomid and getting sick tired and emotional...lol. So tried to put the kids to bed and its been 2 hours. I just had to give myself a time out. They keep going into eachothers rooms, stealing blankets, gettting back up to play, and my daughter even pulled the shelves in the bathroom off the wall!!!!!

So out of curiousity how do you get the kids to listen? THey know I am not feeling well and so pushing every boundry possible!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I crack the sh*ts. I take things away and I threaten.

Its the truth though, im not one whose up for coddling, so if theyre rubbing me the wrong way, they hear about it. Im also very blunt with my kids, I always ave been, im just generally a blunt person. Honestly, in your situation, id be standing there going "Hey, my new medication is making me really grumpy and you are all making that worse, and if you dont all cut it out you'll be in for a world of hell"

Like I said, im blunt and they hear about things.
wishing and UrbanMomma like this.
May 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post
UrbanMomma likes this.

Last edited by KrazE; July 10th, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In this case, you would have to examine yourself first and see if you put them to bed too soon or may have been unreasonable given your state. Instead of putting them to bEd, could you have sequestered them in their rooms to play for an hour or two while you got left alone then put them to bed later?

I have lined them up with noses On the wall until they could go to bed and go to sleep.
mom2many2010 and Bekki like this.
May 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The one obstycle I do have with my kids is that they all have Autism of different levels. Thankfully they are all asleep now boy it took hours...lol. Hopefully tomorrow goes better!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 12th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
threaten

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

May 12th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think my best threat ever was the time I threatened to abolish ice cream from the whole world if I ever heard the five of them all yelling at each other at once again.

Because, you know... I have worldwide ice cream control.
May 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Once upon a time I threw the tvs out.....all of them. I also cancelled Christmas one year.

Right now we are doing the "only the kid who behaves gets a treat and the rest of you can watch" thing, because apparently my lil ones think they can behave any kinda way and still get "benefits"
#12 is on the way
May 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, yesterday I told them that if they couldn't behave after school that the misbahaving ones would get ramen noodles for supper and go straight to bed, the rest got pizza hut and smores. Everyone behaved pretty good lol

The bedtime thing isn't really a problem except once in a while with the girls. They don't have toys in their room at all, but sometimes they'll jump from bed to bed. Once I yell it just takes DH to go up there and give them a stern warning and they're pretty quiet.

pulling shelves off the wall would have been the end of the rope. I would have locked the bathroom, and no one would be allowed in there if they can't respect it.

May 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Mine only listen to me when there is something in it for them. Not really but some days it seems like it. There are just days that are better then others, I also always ask is it them...or is it me? If it's them the whip cracks if it's me, I remind myself often and try to remember they are just kids.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search