boys or girls?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so if you read my other post you will know that I am having children behaviour tonight!

Who do you find harder to raise your girls or your boys?

Do you find all your kids have similar behaviour personalities or do you have 1 or 2 that stand out?

For us its the girls...they are so hard. The boys can be and the oldest likes to cause trouble but over all the girls are so so hard!!!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I think it just depends on the childs individual personality and not gender really. jmo though.
Kierasmom, #5in2005 and Bekki like this.
#12 is on the way
May 11th, 2012, 07:02 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 10th, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
May 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I think it has to do with ages and stages. And time of year and time of month. Mine can all be angels r devils in different ways. Like last month I wanted to kill my 16yo, but this month I am so proud of her. We both have gone through changes, so for right now, she is good.
May 12th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
I think it just depends on the childs individual personality and not gender really. jmo though.

I agree.
If I were to 'rank' my kids from most difficult to least difficult, it would probably be:

Sunny
Sasha
Dita
Azriel
Lux

So it goes girl boy girl boy girl...

Oh yes, I just did a 'mean mum' thing.
May 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Riley is out there. I thought it was her age but it's her personality. She has no concept of serious. She will be 4 in Oct and does not even know her ABC's because I can't get her to be serious. I will say this it an "A" and she will laugh and say "Donut!" I tell her to be serious and she tells me to smell her butt. It is at the point that even the kids are annoyed with her constant silliness. I think some of it is her seeking attention. I just don't know how to deal with it.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

May 12th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sydney is the hardest one, so far. Everyone is "mean to her" and she can't get along with any of her siblings even for a short time. She can't even get along with Sebastian and he's not even 3, so tell me what he does wrong??

Sebastian can be hard because of his headbanging and tantrums, but it's something that we just all deal with, it's hard to explain I guess. When he's not throwing fits he's a fun kid.

Then RJ and Jayde are in the middle I guess, they have their days, and Noah and Becca are the ones that I can always count on to behave. In fact it makes me even more upset when they DO act up because I don't expect it from them. Becca is the most mature 4 year old I have ever met, I count on her more than I count on Sydney and she's almost 8.

May 12th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As a toddler, my daughter was way easier than my boys, but each of my kids personality plays into how difficult they are.

My oldest DD is bull headed and just wants to do what she wants to do, and doesn't want to be serious when it is necessary. She is 13. Kind of a hard age, too, as she wants to be a "grown up" yet still play with "kid toys".

My oldest son, 11, is usually a cheerful helper, but I don't know if he's hitting puberty or what, because here recently he's started with some attitude when we give him something to do. He also thinks I'm mean if I hand down a punishment.

My 8 almost 9 yr old can't keep his hands off other kids. If he gets mad he either hits, pinches, or kicks or screams bloody murder.

My 7 yr old cries like he's one when he doesn't get his way, and everyone is always "being mean to him" if they're not giving him his way.

3 yr old, almost 4, is in a full blown tantrum stage. Refuses to talk to his dad, whines A LOT, and thinks the world should revolve around him. He can't just talk to us, he whines, unless he is "perfectly happily getting his own way". Complete meltdowns when we tell him no. Spoiled??? Um, yea.

The baby just needs to quit using me as human pacifier and then we're good.

May 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, to go into detail about mine,

Sunny is... me, in a word. She has my personality down to a tee, and I am VERY headstrong and argumentative, so we butt heads often. She's my 'wild' one, she's only 12 but she's the only one ive caught trying to climb out windows late at night, she's the only one who dosent stay at school when she's dropped off there, and come hell or high water, she will argue any point that comes into her head, even if you are agreeing with her, she will argue you.

Sasha is one of those kids that you often wonder if theyre from another planet. She gets stuck up trees, he got his head stuck in the fence a few weeks ago, he finds his way into all sorts of situations, he comes inside and he has snails in his shoes. He takes the simplest task, does the crazy kid version of it, then multiplies that to a million and ends up with something that you just cannot put together.

Dita isnt troublesome, but she is also very headstrong and when she gets up on her moral high horse, there is no getting her down. Frustrating thing is that she's often right, its just the way she goes about putting across the right argument is a PITA. I have to admit, thats probably my fault, I do go easier on her than the other kids, because she has had a lot of awful things happen to her, that were out of her control, and I am so proud of her that she takes those things and makes a positive out of them, and wants to make a change, but its just her execution. Most of the time she's awesome about it, there was a marriage equality march in the city yesterday and she went to that, but sometimes she's WAY off, and she does let herself get provoked, the most recent example of that was when I had to pick her up at a police station (no charges were pressed) because at a rape victim rally a man got in another girl's face about how "if you dressed like that you were asking for it" and Dita went in there full steam.

Azriel is very quiet and passive, but he is just one of those kids who gets silly every now and then, and he's not too bad now with it, but sometimes its just too much. Thats really my only gripe with him at the moment, sometimes he takes a joke way too far.

Lux is another whose quiet and passive, I think she just has a less troublesome personality and gets lost in all the crazy that is our household, other than not wanting to brush her hair, she rarely kicks up a fuss.
May 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
This is so funny. Dh and I were just talking about this for the billionth time.
We agree GIRLS are soooooooooooooooooooo hard and more stubborn and difficult to raise.
We have 5 daughters and 4 sons and another baby on the way.Our oldest is 24 years old and our youngest is 7 years old. The boys are a breeze compared to our 3 oldest daughters. My other 2 daughters are pretty easy, but they also see how difficult their older sisters are..lol But in all my daughters defense the girls are easier to teach to read by far..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search