Vacation

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please, large family Mommies, help me with some suggestions for vacation.

We're talking about taking our kids to Disney this summer - June or July.

Or SeaWorld

or Bush Gardens...

Regardless, we know we're heading to Florida - there will be no hotel costs, as we have family and friends in the area and are taking turns putting up with us for a night or two

So my question is, which do you do? We cannot afford to do ALL, and I do not want to do more than one day at any of the parks - and yes I know people say you need 2 days or more to get the most of Disney, but we're talking almost $2,000 to get a family the size of mine in the door.

One day at each park, Disney, SeaWorld, or Bush Gardens is roughly the same, just about $10-$20 difference depending on which park.

So, wwyd?

Oh, and we're thinking about adding the Florida Aquarium in Tampa to our trip, since to get in there for our entire family will just be about $130 for the day. So we were thinking that would be our second "family" activity, as well as some beach time.

Thoughts? Suggestions?!

May 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
Honestly, I'd do Disney. Magic Kingdom. I love love love Disney, though, so that may be why.
I lived in San Antonio for several years and we had sea world passes, and I don't love it anywhere near as much as I love Disney.
Magic Kingdom is perfect for our family because it has rides that everyone can enjoy.
But again, I'm a Disney junkie, so my opinion might not count!

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
May 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids liked Sea World but they were not able to stay occupied all day there. Now maybe its because we live only minutes away from Toronto Zoo so they didnt find it super exciting.

They really loved Disney!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we've done all, depending on ages I'd do disney
May 17th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran
We've done Disney & SeaWorld, and I think I'd do Disney if I was in your shoes. And like Bekki said, Magic Kingdom. I would put the Florida Aquarium along the same lines as SeaWorld. Either way you'll have fun...and be broke coming out of it hahaha

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search