Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ajstout

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran
2 of my 8 have Strep again its the 5th time this year we always finish meds always buy new toothbrushes and I am a clean freak so I constantly disinfect. What am I doing wrong and do you have any home remedies Im wearing down

May 16th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same 2? Or are they passing it around? Do you grind your own wheat? If not, do ou know anyone who does? I swear that fresh milled wheat made into blueberry muffins will fix anything. And drink lots of water.
May 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's the same two there might not be much you can do, some kids have weaker immune systems than others. I know TOO much strep and your doc might recommend having tonsils removed. I know I would have had mine out if I were a kid in the current day I had strep like a million times in 4th-6th grade.

May 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Veteran
yes its the same 2 but one of our daughters always gets it the worst shes 14 our son 11 gets it too but tends to mend faster. I like the milling idea I need to look into that I also want the doc to consider removing their tonsils. In a big family you would think we all would get it but thats not the case although the dh gets it sometimes and he has no tonsils but has asthma. I just feel at a loss. thank you for the support and ideas the health food group gave me the idea of trying apple cider vinegar and local raw honey so I'm on my way to get some now.
Farmers-wife likes this.

May 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 10th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
May 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Knock on wood, I'm the only one in the house since we've had kids whose EVER gotten strep! At least you know what to look for aj, so you can treat it quickly.

May 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Make sure they're getting enough vitamin D.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
May 17th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Wow you guys are great I have gotten some great ideas and best of all support I felt like I was losing my mind I'm keeping all your tip wrote down thank you thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search