Small Vent

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Yesterday at my two younger ones daycare I was ticked off. We were there for an end of the year celebration for snacks and cake. Well my friends (well I know her and our kids have had a couple playdates in the past) daughter also goes to the same daycare and is the same age as my daughter, 6. She only has the one child. Well my friends mom (the little girls grandmother) was there also for the celebration. She starts off by saying " So I hear your having another one?" or something along those lines.... I says "yes, we are! We are excited!" then she says with a semi smile on her face almost concerned look "Huh uh, was it planned?" ***. Honestly. If it wasn't do you think it is ANY of your business to ask in the first place lady?? I do not even really know her in the first place. I hate hate hate when people have the nerve to ask if baby was planned. Back off, that is personal and we should not have to explain if it was or wasnt...noones business!! I answered yes it was but basically left the conversation after that.
June 6th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, rude!

I wonder if she only wanted one, or was unable to have anymore? Maybe that explains the attitude.
June 6th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
I agree, rude!

I wonder if she only wanted one, or was unable to have anymore? Maybe that explains the attitude.
No, she doesn't want more. She is to selfish. She has said she is BUSY with one and that is enough! She is very self involved so it is hard for her to understand moms who have more than one. That is why we have drifted apart...we are not that good of friends anymore.
June 6th, 2012, 07:37 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
stupid question deserves stupid answer....something along the lines of "we had sex and it just happened" would work for me.
#12 is on the way
June 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I just do not know what gives a person the right to ask the pregnant mom if it was planned? It is just way out of line. "Congratulations,......was it planned?" Get lost!!! lol
June 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ive gotten that question a fair bit too, mostly with Sasha because of the age gap, he wasnt planned though, so when im in a particuarly feral mood I just tell the truth, "No he wasnt, I just have an amazing sex life, he isnt loved any less though"

I have to say though, im not comfortable with the label of selfish for those who only want one, different strokes for different folks. My best friend only has one child, and only wants one, and that dosent make her any less of a mother than me.
June 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 10th, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
June 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
Ive gotten that question a fair bit too, mostly with Sasha because of the age gap, he wasnt planned though, so when im in a particuarly feral mood I just tell the truth, "No he wasnt, I just have an amazing sex life, he isnt loved any less though"

I have to say though, im not comfortable with the label of selfish for those who only want one, different strokes for different folks. My best friend only has one child, and only wants one, and that dosent make her any less of a mother than me.
No no that is not what I mean. Earlier when I wrote that I thought it sounded wrong but didn't have the time to edit it then. I mean this one friend in particular. From day one she has complained about her kid. She had her in daycare just before she turned one and she would have the whole day to herself to do whatever...get her hair done, go to the beach for the day with a friend, get her nails done, go shopping....etc etc. Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. My sister has no kids and she is 30 and plans on never having any. I don't think she is selfish or label her in anyway nor do I to anyone who has no kids or only one. I was just talking about this one girl.
June 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Veteran
That's BRASS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search