Laugh with me....at me!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
So here are a few of the "bright" things I have done lately.

To set the stage for the first ones. Lupans driver side door handle (on the outside) has been broken. We had the passenger side so no big deal. We took his truck to the mechanic and the mechanic broke the passengers side (this turns into a funny story but not at my expense). That means you HAVE to leave a window down in you want to get into the truck.

The day the pup got hit (not funny) I locked us out of the truck. Megan was small enough to climb through the back window so no big deal.

The day I go to pick up the pup. I get out at a little gas station to get a drink. Come back out and realize I have locked myself out again. I find a Hispanic lady and ask if I can borrow her son. They had a good laugh on me!

I get to the clinic go in, get the dog, come out and have locked myself out. Luckily the vet tech was small enough to climb through it. We set the pup down....wait for it.....wait for it.....I close the door without opening the other door or rolling the window down. The vet tech had to climb through again

Okay, so for the last week and half out cable has been out. I have called many times. The first time they were gonna send me a box...cause the one in our room wasn't working (It's a main one not the channel box). I call back again and am told that they have to do a service call, um I don't want to pay for a service call when I was told they could mail me out the box.

Fast forward and I have gotten credit for the days we haven't had cable, and I have a new box thing. Only it doesn't look anything like the box I have been checking. So I go searching the rooms to find this 'box'...guess what? It turns out the problem the whole time has been that it was unplugged....UNPLUGGED! As much as I like Netflix, I can not sleep at night without tv, so I was constantly waking up to change the movie on Netflix.

I'm sure there is more but those I think are enough for now.
June 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, you need to get that truck fixed! I once went several months with a driver's side window that wouldn't roll down, and it about drove me crazy. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except we live on a military base, so I have to roll down the window and present my ID everytime I drive home. Everytime I opened the door instead I thought they were going to taze me or something, lol.

My latest mini-disaster involved Beth's baseball team. She plays half her games at "home" at a field a block away, and the other half "away" at a base about 20 minutes away. I left early on Saturday in plenty of time for our away game...only I arrived, and it was not an away game. So 40 minutes of driving for nothing, plus the coach called me to ask if we were coming since they almost had to forfeit due to lack of players.
June 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
June 14th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Oh man, you need to get that truck fixed! I once went several months with a driver's side window that wouldn't roll down, and it about drove me crazy. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except we live on a military base, so I have to roll down the window and present my ID everytime I drive home. Everytime I opened the door instead I thought they were going to taze me or something, lol.

My latest mini-disaster involved Beth's baseball team. She plays half her games at "home" at a field a block away, and the other half "away" at a base about 20 minutes away. I left early on Saturday in plenty of time for our away game...only I arrived, and it was not an away game. So 40 minutes of driving for nothing, plus the coach called me to ask if we were coming since they almost had to forfeit due to lack of players.

LOL I have done the wrong field, wrong place thing only it involved wrong kid, wrong field, wrong game...see where I am going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
I posted mine elsewhere the other day, but I'll add it again here...

On Monday I forgot SO @ work and only realize it whilst laying on the couch watching TV when he texts me & tells me he's standing there waiting. He works one week 9am to 5:30, and the next week 10:30am to 7pm. I forgot that I dropped him off for the 9am to 5:30 shift lol

And then...

It was a humid 103 on Monday as well, so SO decides the A/C for his computer room needs to go in since it's HOT in there (horrible), so.. while he is mid installing the air conditioner, he asks me for the f-o-a-m that goes under the a/c, and I go downstairs & bring him the p-h-o-n-e... I mean doesn't everyone need to use the phone while they are mid-installing an a/c unit??!!
I remember this and the phone one had me laughing out loud cause that is one I would have done!
June 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I laughed out loud about the phone too!

LOL! That would suck so bad about the truck though.

I do stupid, clumsy things all the time. Just yesterday I was standing in the doorway (so I thought) taking to dh about his day. He started telling me a story so I crossed my arms and went to cross one foot over my other ankle while also leaning my shoulder into the doorframe only I was about 3 ins away from it! So instead as dh is talking I'm slowly falling away from his view. I caught myself with my hands, jumped up and peaked back into the doorway and of course dh is doubled over laughing.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

June 15th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
These stories are just too funny they have me sitting here laughing away.

I had a car for a while that the driver side window wouldnt roll down. It sucked every time we went to a drive thru. Also sucked because at the time we lived in a building so we needed to put the key in the lock thru the drivers side window.

My new van isn't working well but trying to keep it going for 2 more weeks because we live in a different city then the kids school so we need the van to take them to school. But as I am driving something makes the car go into the equivalent to nutural and just won't move!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 15th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Neither of our cars run well. I really feel like we are bullying them into running at all. I'm being stubborn about it because the thought of a car payment makes me cringe.
June 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
can i just say that after a rough morning with puppy tegan, i am now laughing a lot after reading this post. MT6thP, that was hysterical!!!

~~terre~~
June 16th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
June 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That poor mouse! I'm surprised you didn't give it a heart attack! LMBO!
June 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh LOL!
Love these!

Lucky mother to five!

June 18th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7BearCubs View Post
I need to comment on something - why does it mattter that the lady was Hispanic? Does that make a difference to the story?
It does.
June 18th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
June 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I will address this only once.

I stated she was Hispanic because she was. Plain and simple. What I didn't say, and inferred (whether that was perceived or not) is that fact that she spoke no English.

As for your sensitivity because your kids are mixed. I'm not sure where the issue is. My husband is 1/2 Apache/1/2 Scottish. I am Spanish/German/Jewish and I look all Hispanic. My nieces and nephews are Black and white. If someone wanted to refer to me as white woman or a Hispanic woman..so be it. That is what I am. My race, anyone's race is not something to be sensitive about. It is a part of who we/they are.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search