I'm so sad!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We were going on this great trip this week...a full week family reunion in The Bahamas. Obviously that is something way out of our norm, a once in a lifetime chance really. Maybe dh and I will return someday, but we could never afford to take all four kids. Plus all my family is going, including some who live far away and I haven't seen in 15 years.

Soo...we went to the airport today (well yesterday at this point.) My first time flying in five years, and the first time ever for the little two. Excitement was running high. Due to a combination of t-storms and a fire at another airport we never left. We went out to the runway, we were next to go, and then we sat. After a few hours they left us off the plane. Many hours and delays later and they told us to go home. Which was a pain in itself...we didn't have a ride scheduled for tonight. In total we waited at the airport nine hours. The kids were so good, and I am so proud of them.

Plan B - we managed (I thought) to reschedule for early tomorrow morning, so I put the kids to bed with visions of The Bahamas dancing in their heads. Nope - those tickets fell through also. In fact we can't get anything tomorrow. Maybe Sunday at the earliest. Everyone is off vacationing without us. Any idea how hard it is to get six last minute tickets? Ugh!

Everything was packed and no food is in the house. So instead of vacationing I will be doing laundry and going grocery shopping tomorrow.

I am so just so let down! We have been looking forward to this forever and I want to see all my family. And I don't know what to tell the kids. They have been great...I really wanted to make it up to them by getting there tomorrow.

Please cross your fingers for Sunday for us! And that I don't lose my mind!
June 22nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no, that is so disappointing. I don't know if it'd help, but could you and dh book two separate flights and each take two kids? Just a thought if its so hard to book six tix at once?

Lucky mother to five!

June 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
June 22nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I told them I was open to that. I even said we could go 4 and 2. Just trying to get out of here.
June 23rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is SO disappointing, for all of you
June 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I would be upset also!
June 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, here is the latest. My stress level is up, up, up. And this is supposed to be our vacation! Lots of ups and downs today, but we are making one last effort to go.

We're supposed to fly out tonight. It is not a great flight...long with a lay-over. And we couldn't get six seats together, or even two together. It's sold out. I need someone to trade with me, unless they want to sit alone with my two year old. Such a mess. The biggest worry though, is it seems to be overbooked. We are going to go way early and hope for the best. This is our last shot...if we get bumped off this flight we're not going.

So...flight lands after midnight then we are getting a hotel. Tomorrow we have two more flights, and then we'll be there. What a crazy plan, right? The original plan was so simple and easy, but no more. Apparently there are major delays all up and down the east coast so it was hard getting anything at all. Flight #1 is the worry...if we elbow our way onto that one we should be good with everything else.

Please cross your fingers for us...we really want to go. We won't get another chance...not for years anyway. And the kids want their first airplane ride. Although after this I think I am good with not flying again for a nice LONG while, lol.

On a funny note, before we managed this night flight I had resigned myself to not going. Since dh is on vacation this week I tried to get the kids excited about a camping trip instead. Matt and Beth just nodded glumly...they know good and well that camping is not a plane ride to the Bahamas. Little Carrie was pumped up though! And then when I told her the Bahamas were back on she cried and said wanted to go camping. Poor kiddo! Such a confusing weekend.
June 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope this works out for you! Crossing my fingers. What a horrible situation.

June 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I hope it all goes good and you make it to the Bahamas soon!!! (I'm jealous)
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
June 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGh I'd be so sad, too! I hope you make it down to the Bahamas tonight!!

and you're braver than I am! I don't fly ever! LOL

June 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Finger crossed that you guys finally get in the air! Have fun!
June 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well I hope since there has been no update for a few hours that its a good sign and you are on a flight far away!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing. I hope you made your trip!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

June 24th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you were able to make the trip!

June 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Veteran
That sounds like quite a ride you've been on. I really hope you guys were able to make it!!

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

July 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we made it! The traveling was crazy though. Cancelled flight, then delays, TWO unexpected overnights, including one out of the country. The craziness continued on the way home with missed connections and delays. And then the airlines hardly even help you out, even though it's their fault. I tihnk air travel is for the birds!

BUT...the trip was fantastic. Totally worth it...just amazing. I will post pics later today or tomorrow. <3
July 1st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
woo hoo glad you had a great time

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search