Have some more questions....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2many2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Veteran
How often do you go out to eat?
Are your children in any activites?
Do you make a big deal out of 4th of July?Do you go out of town or stay home?
How much sleep do you get with a large family?

1.Once maybe every 4 months.
2.My older ones are in drama,all of them are involved in activities at church.
3.We try..we bbq and use sparklers.we stay home.Last year we went to the beach and it was to crazy for me to try again...lol
4.Lately not much...some nights good 8-10 hrs.some nights 4.Have a toddler who is having sleep issues.
new born baby great....lol .
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
June 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
June 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hardly ever eat out, too expensive.

One son plays basketball whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I try not to celebrate holidays. I don't consider the fourth a holiday anyway. Fireworks are annoying too,

I get about 5 1/2 hrs a sleep during the week because I have to work at 4 am.
#12 is on the way
June 29th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Super Mommy
How often do you go out to eat? Once every few months.
Are your children in any activites? Not right now.
Do you make a big deal out of 4th of July?Do you go out of town or stay home? We usually go to my in-law's which is only 30 minutes away.
How much sleep do you get with a large family? Right now I get quite a bit. DH and I are both bus drivers, so we are off for the next 6 weeks. My kids don't wake me up bright and early anymore. I guess that will change when we have #5.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
--

Last edited by cybele; September 29th, 2013 at 10:56 PM.
June 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
How often do you go out to eat?As a whole group not often, but on occasion when there is only one or two we do.

Are your children in any activites? Not Really.

Do you make a big deal out of 4th of July?Do you go out of town or stay home? The 4th to me is like Christmas. Its the only day that our town comes alive, old fashioned parade, kids love all the candy that get's thrown, pie eating, chicken catches, car show....It is so much fun!

How much sleep do you get with a large family? Other then sleepless night are prolonged I assume I get as much as most people with children.
June 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
June 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
Chicken catches?? You throw chickens around?? lol
LMBO! I couldn't and still can't think of what it's called. Kids chase the chickens then catch them...
UrbanMomma likes this.
June 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go out to eat?
Every other month or so, when we "have to" when we're out and about.

Are your children in any activites? they're in various church activities, 3 take piano lessons. We don't do organized sports really, we have horses for all of them, and they go to gymkhana and they ski/snowboard in the winter at a nearby ski hill (having a family pass and buying used equipment makes it managable).

Do you make a big deal out of 4th of July?Do you go out of town or stay home? I'm in Canada, so I guess Canada day would be comparable, and I usually do go to the park in town where there's face painting, games, etc with the ones that still want to go and to the fireworks at night.

How much sleep do you get with a large family? normal I guess, my kids are a bit bigger so it's not such a problem anymore.
June 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Edit to remove post

Last edited by KrazE; July 9th, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
June 30th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
Dinner!

lol
LOL I am sure in some houses that's exactly what it's called!
June 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go out to eat? Dh and I alone usually at least a couple of times a month. With the dc 1-2 times a month and we do take out 3-4 times a month. Just an average.
Are your children in any activites? dd1 will be a JV cheerleader when school starts again, she is also in choir. ds1 took violin last school year. The rest not yet. It's on my list to get the next 3 (3-5) in swim lessons. dh has been teaching the 2 little boys while they have been on vacation and with their life jackets on they do really well.
Do you make a big deal out of 4th of July?Do you go out of town or stay home? The last 2 years we've gone camping for the weekend and then to an amusement/waterpark on the Tuesday after the weekend. The rest of the world is back to work on that day so it's not too crowded at all. Dh is talking about doing it again this year.....idk if I'm up to it though. It's a 4ish hour drive and I'm old and tired.
How much sleep do you get with a large family? It's gotten a LOT better now that the "baby" is older. Invariably though someone doesn't sleep through the night and we wake with 1-2 dc in between us.
June 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Veteran
Sorry about the 4th of July wasn't thinking...Got the thought on my mind of what I have to get done
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
June 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Veteran
eat out? does a quick drive through Wendy's a few weeks ago in between appointments count??

Do your kids do any activities? My teenager does a lot. Sports, Band church groups. My younger kids are starting to do sports. And they all participate in our towns summer rec programs. I will admit, basketball and softball seasons get awfully busy. This may was awful. Morning sickness, all the end of year activities plus 3 softball/baseball teams.

Do you make a big deal of the 4th? Our town has a big fireworks display and lots of activities at our town beach. We live about a block away so we just set ourselves up for the day and let the kids play.

How much sleep? Right now we sleep pretty well, but that will change again with the new baby.
July 1st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We go out to eat like 12 times a year.
My oldest dd does, cross country running, dance, drama and chorus concerts, dd #2 does soccer, basketball*big time*, snow boarding, chorus, drama and hunting she wants to get into archery too,ds#1 does track, skis and hunts. dd#3 does soccer, basketball, drama and will be starting skiing this year, dd#4 does soccer, basketball. dd#5 will be doing soccer basketball and t=ball this year. the youngest 2 are avid spectators dh coaches the younger ones youth soccer, basketball and tball. He is also coaching dd#2's middle school basketball team this year.
We go to the fireworks and town celebrations.
I joke that I havent slept a full night in 14 years but its pretty much not a joke, my youngest still wakes to nurse we co-sleep with #'s 6,7 and 8 and if they're not waking me up dh is

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search