Is there such a thing....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is there such a thing as Facebook etiquette.

I can't decide.

I have a cousin that lives overseas and from time to time I will write something (unimportant) on his wall, it's just an interaction I guess. My sister in law (the one I'm trying not to be mad at) always (and I mean ALWAYS) either answers the question or comments on it(before my cousin would even see it). This is totally irritating to me, if I wanted to know what she thought I'd put something on her wall. Later on my sister or other cousins will chime in, and whatever. And obviously it's up there for the world to see, so why wouldn't she comment I guess.

Is there such a thing as Facebook rules?

Last edited by #5in2005; July 6th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
July 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
beats me. if i want it to be 'person-specific' i send it PM, not on the wall. i guess since the wall is public, i suppose that anyone can see it. but i understand your aggravation.

~~terre~~
July 6th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weird that your sister in law has to comment on it. She's about as much related to YOUR cousin as I am to the president lol. I think you can edit who can see posts you make on people's walls too? I'll have to try it.

July 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have never thought about it.

You can edit who can see the post, I'm not sure how but my kids do it all the time to people they now will comment and don't want them to...

Like Terre I think that if it's on a wall, for all to see it is fair game.
July 6th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm of the belief that if its on the wall, its fair game.
July 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes all you can do is shake your head. I have a friend who likes everything I post. And I do mean EVERYTHING. I could write "My whole family has the stomach flu." and she'd "like" it 10 seconds later. And then her husband likes everything too. I just wonder how they are online 24/7 and can be ready to "like" it all.
July 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shake your head is right, and it really isn't a big deal about the sister in law thing, just more annoying than anything else. Clouise, your friend has you on their "gold star" friend list, so that shows up in her notifications. And if she has her phone set to make a sound every time she has a notification then she would see it right away.

It's been a bit of a topic around our house with the kids, though only 2 of them are on facebook. With what I'm seeing with the teens in general, there's a real disconnect in what they "say" on facebook and how that actually comes across. What you say and how that gets perceived are 2 entirely different things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search