Gender disapointment

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kind of going with the gender thing, do you think people who finally get the "gender they wanted" show favoritism to that child over their same gender kids?? (not aimed at anyone here for sure!)

My cousin actually accused me of having a favorite child the other day, just because I've posted ALOT of pics of my girls lately on FB. I assure you there are JUST as many pics of my boys, and I love all of my kids equally. So I was a bit miffed.

July 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's hard to tell if someone favors a kid or if the kid is just super high demand (for example). I know I treat all my kids differently, but I try not to favor. It might come off as though I favor the younger ones though.

July 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have no permanent favorites, just temporary ones...LOL
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I always favorite the youngest until they learn no talk back
July 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Veteran
I didn't mind what gender I got and the other day my mil said I favor the boys. Pissed me off so badly because I love all of them more then words can say. I am SO careful to not make anyone feel more or less loved than the rest. (my mom favors a sister over all the rest of us so that will not happen with my kids, it sucks!)
~mommy~ likes this.
July 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im with UrbanMomma, at the moment, Lux is my favourite because she is the only one not whining and whinging about having to get ready for school.
UrbanMomma likes this.
July 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was growing up I always thought that I wanted 1dd and I had her.....then "surprise" I found myself pg. again. When I had my ds1 I thought to myself idk ANYTHING about boys wth am I going to do with a boy. I don't have any brothers and my parents divorced when I was 11-12???.....Well I'll tell you.....he showed me how to be a mother to a boy and WOW!!!!!!! I love him so much. Good thing too because I went on to have 2 more boys. Then my dd1 FINALLY!!! after 3!!! BROTHERS!!!!! got not just 1, but 2 sisters that she had been hoping for. They are actually despite their age difference, really close. dd2 calls dd1 "My Mary" All that to say boys, girls, doesn't matter they are ALL the most awesome blessings........

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search