Like a vacation!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you guys ever notice that when you're missing certain children (at an activity or overnight at a friends) that it's almost like a vacation?

When Jayde and Sydney are both gone at the same time things are so very peaceful around here. Makes me dread when they both become teens!

I think if I ever had a day where we just had Becca and Noah I wouldn't even notice I had kids! They are for sure my easiest two (so far).

July 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yep.
#12 is on the way
July 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Same here, pull any one kid out and my house becomes a hundred times less chaotic. I figure if my adult teens every leave the house I will feel lost. I'm not sure how to handle a quite house.
July 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It gives me panic attacks, lol! I'll forget they are doing such-an-such and freak out looking for them. It's just a weird feeling for me especially now that I don't have a babysitter and take them everywhere with me.
July 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My two year old for sure...but that's a two year old for you. If I take my kids to the park, pool, wherever and Katy isn't there I can just sit on my butt. (ahhh...the relaxation.) If she's there I'm on my feet keeping her from falling head first in the pool or running off into traffic somewhere.
July 11th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Veteran
At first I think peace....than it is just to quiet.When I usually think I could get stuff done if they were busy I find out I have nothing to do and want them home.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
July 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran
Yep, any one kid missing changes the whole dynamic. Less fighting. More quiet play. Especially my oldest 2 girls. My teenager talks incessantly and is still an only child at heart so she demands your undivided attention.(A little tough with 5 little ones around) And my 7 year old is my little instigator. She ever so sneakily starts most of the problems we have with the other kids.

Love them to pieces but man it sure is peaceful when they arent around.
July 11th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our house is much much quieter if either of the younger 2 are gone, with the others I don't really notice.
July 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM
oh YES!
If even one is gone the whole dynamic changes dramatically. It is so odd.
HOWEVER, if both my oldest (boys) are gone and I "only" have the 8, 6, and 2 year old girls, it still feels like a lot of work b/c both my main helpers are gone.
girl 8
girl 6
girl 2
expecting twins
July 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Right now my sis took Alorah and Nathalia and Xan is babysitting and they invited Malayna to come over with them. So I only have 4 here and it is quite different.

But yeah it usually doesn't matter who is missing it changes the dynamics here too and it is a lot calmer and quieter.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search