Garbage Bag Clean-up

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lilymagic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to do one this morning in the kids' rooms. It's been a while since we've gotten to that point, but today my patience ran out. I think if they can't clean up in a reasonable amount of time and/or they feel the need to whine about not knowing where something goes, then they are saying "Please get rid of our stuff Mommy." Soo...one big bag went to the trash, and I have one big bag and box to go to the Goodwill this afternoon. They're not upset either. I wouldn't take something they really loved...I'd hide that in the garage for a bit instead, lol. I'm sure deep down they also enjoy having a clutter-free room where they can find they stuff they do want.

How do you guys combat clutter in your houses?
July 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not even 6 months ago I got sick of all the crap in the playroom so I went through and threw away what I thought we didn't need (well gave it away, I only threw away about 1/2 a garbage bag). It ended up being 3 full garbage bags, a doll house, and some doll furniture that I gave away. They STILL can't clean the playroom!

Just prooves that I shouldn't fret so badly about xmas and birthday gifts!

July 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I do the garbage bag clean out too, I have actually been doing that this week.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing about Christmas gifts, they break them, lose them, lose interest in them, take them apart to see how they work, etc. This year they can have books. Maybe socks.

It's about time for me to attack my boy's room with trash bags too. Which reminds me ... we're out of trash bags.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! My friends and family treat me like I'm so mean for it! Sorry, but if they don't care for it and won't be responsible for it, there's no reason for it to stay in my house!

July 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Veteran
Did it last week two trashbags of toys and one of I would think trash...been doing it for 19 years and counting
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
July 20th, 2012, 02:36 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the "hard" toys are supposed to be in the basement, the "soft" toys or "stuffies" are allowed in their rooms. In the basement we had toy boxes, dh got fed up and built cabinets/cupboards...whatever you want to call them. It was his intention to put locks on them and only allow access to one at a time......He didn't get to the installing the locks part..... Still makes clean up pretty quick. Upstairs we have plastic tubs like you would use as a drink cooler or for bobbing for apples, those hole the stuffies that aren't in their beds. A few times a year we go through and "thin the heard" getting rid of broken or not played with toys, via garbage esp. just before Christmas.
July 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You should see my little ones room. It's a disgrace and I am not lying. It's beyond what they can do on their own, but I need them gone in order to get in there and get it clean. I'm hoping next week the MIL will take them for about 8 hours so I can get it done.
July 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Veteran
It's time for a major overhall around here too. Both clothes and toys. Now all I need is the time and energy to do it.
July 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do the trash bags. Keeps them on their toes, lol! I've tried rotating but I'm just not that organized. I hide them then forget about them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search