A day in the life of a large family....Funny if someone else is telling it

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~mommy~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add your own.
Yesterday I had gone out and done a mini grocery trip. I bought 5 or so boxes of cereal, something I hadn't done in a while because there were other kinds that the dc weren't eating. I get home and get some of them some to snack on. I'm particularly excited that I found a "Dora" cereal, as my 2yo adores her. I start dinner and laundry.......The laundry was my mistake. While going up and down stairs then sorting and starting the loads my 2yo decides to help herself to more (Dora cereal), which ends up with the ENTIRE!!!!!! rest of the box all over the floor. I come up to discover my "baby" bless her heart trying to eliminate the evidence and the 2yo sitting on the couch with yet another box of cereal ripped open, but thankfully the plastic bag was still intact so I stopped that before it became a giant mess all over my couch. While I was cleaning up the cereal (still cooking dinner mind you) ds3 comes in hobbling across the same floor, bleeding, saying he cut his toe...Why do you ask? because even though I've told him umpteen million times to wear shoes when he exits the house he once again did not and not only found something sharp in the backyard but ??? kicked it??? idk, thankfully, (once again) while he was bleeding, it was more like a really bad paper cut rather than something that might require an er visit. So (noodles still boiling on the stove) I pop him up on the kitchen counter wash, neosporin and bandaid his boo boo. Now cereal AND blood are allover my floor....not just any old floor, but the one that earlier in the day I was on my hands and knees scrubbing to clean.....cause, why would it be any other floor?????
CalledBlessed likes this.
July 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL....I can totally picture this scenario.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

July 23rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Oh the tales we can tell!

My weekend adventure involved 6 kids under 8, 3 teens, and 4 adults all trying to make s'mores over an open flame.

I found a fire pit at a garage sale for $5 bucks and instantly had visions of family sitting around the fire, roasting marshmellows and singing kumbaya.

NOT EVEN CLOSE! But the good news is that we all survived, lol!
July 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that sounds so like my life used to be!!!
July 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL!! Yep, I've had those days!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LOL nothing every stays clean around here. I just try to keep up

We have 2 fire pits. One smack dab in the middle of our grass and one on the opposite side of the house where there is no grass...never could get anything to grow over there. Now we just pick one and roast marshmellows in that one, we have them always on hand.
July 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gotta love the cereal story...it happens all the time in my house.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This morning I was rushing around trying to get ready to get out the door. We have a chicken with an injury, so I had clean that up and put medicine on it. Came inside and washed my hands. Then, dd tells me baby has a dirty diaper. So, I changed it and washed my hands. Immediately after that, I discover the dog crapped in the house. Clean it up .... wash my hands again. Grrr.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Ha yeah I can so relate, emptying boxes or bags of food is Ryder's favorite thing to do.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

July 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran
this is the neverending story in my house.Most of the days I am super mom but there are those days I am like dude whatever.....They just go crazy while I look dead on the floor the first to sit on me and pronounce me dead is queen...lol
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search