Trash

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a lot of trash. I swear I am going to bring in a giant trashcan with wheels for my kitchen trashcan. How often do you empty the kitchen trash? Do your kids take out the trash without being told or are they like mine and balance trash on the tippy top until it's falling all over the floor? It's like they don't even notice that it's overflowing. I only have four kids and we recycle but it's still a lot of TRASH!!!! Please tell me that you have this problem too!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

July 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We recycle and compost and in the summer I just use the little shopping bags that grocery stores give you for the trash and we fill it like 2 times a day but its easy to take it out. I dont' use a bigger trash can because it starts to smell too much for me to handle in the summer.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

July 26th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Trash is the bane of my existence. We burn some of it, and the rest we have to take to the dump ourselves. The problem is their hours and ours don't always match up so we can end up with massive amounts before we can get it there.

My 18 year old DD is responsible for trash. I would like to say that she takes it out when it is full. Sadly she doesn't and there have been many times where I have let it sit for a couple of days before I loose my cool and she finally takes it out.
July 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We end up having to take trash out 3 times a day usually. The 13 yo is supposed to take it out, but doesn't hardly ever notice unless he is told. They will balance stuff on the top too until its falling over. ANNOYS the hell outta me.
#12 is on the way
July 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We take ours out pretty much once a night. We actually have it really really good at our current base. We have two large trashcans (outside ones) and one large recycle bin and they pick up trash twice a week and recycle once a week. Can't beat that! Our last base gave us one small trash can (and didn't recycle) and only came once a week.

I don't think any of the kids are big enough to take the trash out yet...they'd have to really get it over their heads to get it into the big can.
July 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 33 gallon trashcan and empty it once a day or day and a half. If it's really gross stuff like fish guts DH will take it to work and throw it in the dumpster there, otherwise garbage is thursday. Combined recycling and garbage so we can throw out cardboard and stuff weekly too.

July 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Veteran
We use a thirty gallon can and it goes out about avery day and a half. The food stuff is composted and we recycle too. We have to take it to the dump but dh takes care of it. I have to admit to being a real girl when it comes to mowing the lawn and taking out the trash, those are the 2 things I never do.
July 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take the garbage out of the can and tie it, the bigger kids bring it outside and put it in the cans in the back of the house. They have learned not to drag the bags because cleaning up garbage off the ground if they ripped a hole in it is not fun.

July 27th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
We use a 13 gallon bag every day or day and a half. We recycle a lot. My older boys take care of it.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
July 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
we have no curbside recycling here like some of the other cities around. I'm not adding dropping it off somewhere to my list of stuff to do either.
#12 is on the way
July 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually once a day. We have a 13 gallon trash can in the kitchen. We also compost and recycle, so that helps.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
July 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Veteran
Once a day. That's hubbys job since the kids are too young.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search